• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery to trunk - lost my bookmarks - sites with suggestion

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Can't find my damn bookmark with the pics/suggestions for moving the battery to the trunk. Sure I could go search Boardfly but I'd rather harass you all.

I realized today I need to get this done BEFORE installing the aluminum trim on the inside so I can cut holes accordingly.

Can someone provide it?

Thanks,

Todd

Guest Anonymous

15 feet of 00 welding cable. i drilled hole just about in line with starter on fire wall, installed rubber groment. run cable into driver side rocker panel, should be a hole already there, which comes out under back seat. follow existing wire through to trunk or drill another hole in trunk,use groment. enjoy 7AO

Guest Anonymous

I dropped my amplifiers in those spaces under the rear seat and went with the ireland rear trunk mount battery kit. Love the extra room under the bonnet and the balanced feel driving, but miss the trunk space. With latest 'mount anywhere, any direction' batteries like the one you've got...I think I might have to do a little rearranging pretty soon. Amps take up less trunk space after all...Thanks for peek into my future!

Guest Anonymous

posted here before? If so, I haven't seen it so WELCOME ABOARD.

why don't you post more pictures of the Duck to really get into the groove :)

Guest Anonymous

Wow! how do you keep it from banging around on a "spirited" drive. And, that arrangement would NEVER pass a tech inspection if you took it to a track event. Gotta build some sort of hold-down(other than bungy cords).

Guest Anonymous

you could fashion a box, but that would probably mean floorpan modifications. You could also modify the seat but then it may make the rear seat not useable. I say just place the batterry and make sure it is safe. Mine has resided in that spot for over 6 months now with no problems.

.._____

/orig.gif___orig.gif\

[O=00=O]

#=====#

CLICK FOR BIMMER STUFF

http://members.roadfly.com/2002tii

Guest Anonymous

NOW THAT IS A GREAT IDEA . I KEPT MY BATTERY UP FRONT

SO I WOULD NOT LOOSE TRUNK SPACE . I NEVER THOUGHT OF

A THIRD OPTION ! DO YOU SUPPOSE A STAINLESS BATTERY

BOX COULD BE FRENCHED INTO THE FLOOR UNDER THE SEAT ?

Guest Anonymous

The car is a track rat. No interior, two race buckets and a cage. Needs to go in the trunk. I'd hate to have a battery break free in a rollover on the track while it is in the cabin. Yikes!

Todd

'68 project