mhoffperson

Oxidized paint suggestions sought

3 posts / 748 viewsLast Reply

My father-in-law gifted me his 1976 2002. The paint is almost flawless (i.e. no scratches, dents, signs of rust, etc.). However, the paint is faded/oxidized. The mintgrun color is not my favorite, but washed out mintgrun is even worse! So my question is... what is the best product or method to make the paint job look as good as I can? I've seen several products advertised and people have told me things like to claybar the car (whatever that means). I know at the last BMW swap meet I went to in Hayward there was an outfit that did something akin to clearcoating a faded car with decent results. What actually works? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

That sounds very similar to the Griots system. I've been really happy with the results I've gotten using Griots. Check out their site: http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1004

I think they'll send you a free book on how the products work, including a clay bar. Watch their shipping costs. I live close enough to pick thing up. But, I've been told by others that they soak you for shipping. See if they have a distributor near you.