johnhup

Tire shipping in San Francisco? Which FedEx/UPS?

4 posts / 537 viewsLast Reply

Anyone know where I would go in SF to ship 4 tires? I figure my local Mail Boxes Etc wont be able to handle such a task.

MBE will do it but they ussually charge above fedex/ups , below url points

to some SF ups locations:

I have shipped large items through UPS and MBE. I ussually use MBE

as an escrow to buyers, I have them contact a location near me setup shipping, send my money and then I get paid when I arrive with item

and everyone is happy.

http://www.ups.com/dropoff/res?pfresults=1&h=rO0ABXdlAQEAAW0AF0Rkb2xfczE4XzExMTcxMTMyMzkzMjU2BwANU2FuIEZyYW5jaXNjbwACQ0EAAABCFx3gwvTXEQEBBQAFNjk1MTgABTg0NTQ3AAU3MjM4MgAFMTAxODMABTIyMDcwAQA=&m=Molpx1ZpA0fG7zcgMAbauSh/OpWN3m5A1Iptvgg0HXlUzaVg6QhjrNjjKOMbvNyAQpwlGJFbb63irBOgNw1o/kQWXMOpm0rAFO9Ck/dbdehwioHg2ulqekU3zVU3ebkARxQvZTHj6qj+aPAgzVy/7Gdt4TbFWCdAuktP+Bmky4mMR15g8ZlvY6yCNxdTNpWAW19thPWtNrEaJcygevfAHC1bOT7hFQPA

i just bought 5 turbines with tires, ship'd from the western NY to MS, wrapped in shrink wrap in 2 packages, total....3 wheels/tires @ 96lbs and 2 wheels/tires @ 64 lbs thru fedx at a cost of $82.00 you'll save a bunch by just shrink wrapping them, rather than boxing because the size is less

a couple of weeks ago i sent 4 to the same address from home, in 2 boxes, the costs....$129.00

places like mailboxes etc charge a surcharge on freight costs in addition to a stiff fee to pack them...then, if there's an issue, damage, loss, etc, they are considered the shipper by both fedx and ups and you're at their mercy to stay on filing claims, etc

Go to a main UPS office. I think there is one on 16th and potrero. Or I would go to a tire place and offer to tip the guy if he helps you ship it. You will get a discounted rate that way I think.