Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

pump not working in my tii

7 posts / 856 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

I put in a Pertronix ignitor in my 74tii and now the fuel pump doesn't work. Could I have disconnected too many wires?? Instructions say: Disconnect the point wire wire from the negative (-) side of the coil. Remove points and condenser.

Connect red wire to + of the coil(together with wire to ignition switch), and, black wire to -. I did take out the condenser and now that connector is loose. But fuel pump doesn't work. What gives????

Guest Anonymous

Hi Ingraham: I replaced it with a new white 8a fuse (just in case). Didn't work.

Thanks for your idea anyway.

do the rest of the electrics come on ? Like the fuel pump starts when you get to the 'on' position. When you go to start does the car turn over? I'm just wondering if you've missed a wire or ground and other things might not be working too

Measure the voltage from the body (strut bearing bolt is good) to both sides of Fuse 12 with the ignition switched on. Should be about 12 volts.

If that's good, measure the voltage between the two wires at the pump with the wires still attached. Should be 11-12 volts. If not, wiring is bad. If so, pump is bad, but that seems unlikely given the recent work history.

Good ground cable from the battery to the engine block AND to the body?

Guest Anonymous

When I turn the key I can't hear the pump running, I placed the fuel line (between the fuel filter and the Kugel) in a container and got NO fuel.

I just stopped working on car because it got hot outside. I'll try again tomorrow.

FYI I live in Miami, FL

Guest Anonymous

thanks for all your suggestions.