Dave3x72tii

Seattle area FAQers, looking for ideas what to do

11 posts / 1443 viewsLast Reply

It is right by safeco field and quest field pretty much right in downtown. How long are you going to be here? There is always Pikes Place market and the waterfront area just to go walk around in.

fellow 02'ers, but I'm game, even tho' I'm not a beer drinker...

mike

a good go, even a drive to the top is worthwhile.

Boeing has a great museum and plant tour.

There is a National park towards the coast that offers some good sites, forgot the name of the park, for some reason.

Pikes Place is only open during day hours.

The original Starbucks is there too as well as the first REI store.

Well a hike up Mt Rainier in March would be a adventure for sure, Paradise Lodge the traditional jumping off spot is under 38 feet of snow right now. If the weather is clear a drive around Olympic National Park is worth while but quite long. As stated above the Museum of Flight is a must if you have any interest in aviation. Any way a get together Friday or Saturday night at Pyramid would be cool if we can set up rides from Tacoma for our guests.

only free evening for tech festies, and most seem to be looking for Tacoma hot spots if there are any, I'll be in the area most of the week, with some wifely obligations not involving car stuff, although she's cool with the brewpub idea. I plan to stay at least one night in Seattle, I could use a hotel recommendation for something decent, in a walkable area, and in proximity to a good brewpub(recurrant theme)

Thanks for the ideas

Dave