Sign in to follow this  
2002tii

anyone watching the Tour of California

6 posts / 665 viewsLast Reply

Got to see today's stage from Taylor street. Picked my car on the race on tv so was able to see a blur of myself as Levi went by.

It was a good turnout for a workday. I hope it keeps attracting the talent, sponsors and crowds as I like watcing it on the boob tube.

No TV coverage here I hope to see highlights on VS. soon.

Following the race live on the Internet.

VS is carying it here (San Jose at least) though for some reason stage two did not make it to my series recording. It is in the regular VS and on the HD, but is not on HD for those wondering.

On Monday, my wife and I went to Tomales to watch the sprint and to have a picnic lunch on the side of the road. We then blasted up the real back roads to catch the finish in Santa Rosa. A great day.

On Wednesday I volunteered to work the course at the start in Stockton then raced down the freeway to catch the feed zone on Calaveras. Got a couple of nifty souveniers.

My brushes with fame so far:

Brush #1- While waiting to cross the street after the finish in Santa Rosa, the Discovery team stops in front of us and George starts asking me for directions to his hotel. Damn me for not being a local.

Brush #2- manning the baracade before the Stockton start, a Christophe Laurent of Credit Agricole rides up and asks me to take a couple of photos of him for his souveniers. Damn me for not taking high school French.

Ya gotta love a sport where you can interact with the stars.

I organized an event at our Sausalito Mike's Bikes to watch the pack go by near the start of Monday's stage. Other than that it's been the (pretty good) VS. coverage for me. Had to put in a day at the office so I missed the prologue. Stupid gainful employment.

Ya gotta love a sport where you can interact with the stars.

way cool, I had planned to bike downtown with my brother in law to try and mingle but we were both to busy to make it work. My watching on Taylor was pure coincidence as I was looking for a used restaurant supply store and happened to be by ten min prior to them going by.