Sign in to follow this  
Mars

Pics request for Weber 32/36 DGAV coolant line runs

8 posts / 1058 viewsLast Reply

Just curious if anyone is actually running coolant lines to the front like some of the new webers come with. If you do I'd like to see how clean the lines can be. I know in my car it would hit the fuel line but I am just basically playing with stuff and trying to re-route things nicer in the engine bay.

My car along with most cars I've seen run in the back as pictured below (not my car). So, if you have a pic with them being routed in front of the carb please share!

14-7587945.jpg

Sorry no pics, but there is a notch to line up on the choke housing (where the water hoses go) so the lines face the rear anyway. As for correct routing, one hose goes to the underside of the manifold (to the rear) and the other goes to the block below cyl 4 (inlet side) so why would you route them to the front?? Beaner7102

Thanks.

I don't want to route them to the front necessarily but my friend's new 32/36 came that way and I wanted to see if anyone was actually running it that way. Thought maybe it would look nicer. Just curious.

Based on what you are telling me though this new weber from TEP has the choke on backwards (?)

The outer housing is just a cover as far as I can remember, right? Granted I don't play with DGAV's often but if memory serves I can just flip that around can't I? It shouldn't affect the notch you are talking about.

In other words, after some thought I'm sure the choke is on fine but the housing is just backwards on his new weber. No need to re-route any lines on his car and I've already abandoned the idea of re-routing my own lines for the possible aesthetics gain (if any)...

yea - what the above guys said - rotate the water

fitting cover the 'right way round' like on my (was mine) motor

photo you used above.

C.d. does miss his 02

To CD

Yeah. I saved that pic of your car's engine bay back some time ago. From the Roadfly days before the FAQ if I remember correctly.

Super sweet, clean and efficient looking engine bay. I was actually interested in your car but by the time I saw the posting it was already spoken for :(

That reminds me. I may email you sometime offline about an early toaster tank airhead if you don't mind....

Here's my setup. Although, I've never been a real fan of the water choke. They're a little too temperamental for my liking.

post-668-13667574454823_thumb.jpg