Sign in to follow this  
fast2002

problem with sandwich plate oil cooler

6 posts / 1560 viewsLast Reply

I added a sandwich plate between the oil filter and the head and now I am having problems with the filter hitting the steering unit.

Is there a unit available from another BMW that is a bolt on which will allow me to use a oil cooler? I do not want to do a remote filter. I heard the e30 m3 and the tubro tii both have this setup. I am looking for one if it will work. please e-mail photos

thanks

fast2002

yes an s14 oil filter head will bolt right on.

place an ad on s14.net. i found one in a couple days

s14.net is the way to go. also took me about 1 week to fine one.

bolts right in and uses the same gasket as the M10 head.

The s14 head also as a built in thermostat just like the turbo but way cheaper.

In terms of teh s-14 unit what is a reasonable price to shoot for? There is one here on permanent auction for $250 US. Seems about twice what I would want to pay.

In terms of teh s-14 unit what is a reasonable price to shoot for? There is one here on permanent auction for $250 US. Seems about twice what I would want to pay.

this is hit and miss. i got one for 40 bucks but that was a fluke. id pay 100 for sure but 250 is too much for me. if you have the time just keep placing ads and watching the "parting out s14" ads and youll find a decent deal

i got one for 40 bucks but that was a fluke.

I paid $75 shipped. I think the unofficial average is somwhere around that based upon what i heard others pay (and I'm happy with my deal). Blunt, you got an even better deal.