• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VENT - Starbucks got me a speeding ticket

ibjettin

Do you go to Starbucks more than 3 times a week?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go to Starbucks more than 3 times a week?

• yes
    • I boycotted them long ago

Since when has it become acceptable to wait more than 5 minutes for a coffee? How about 23 minutes?!

That's it! I'm done with going to Starbucks to get my coffee and pastry in the morning. I would stop by at least 3 times a week to get my Hazelnut latte on the way to work.

This morning I waited 23 minutes in the drive-thru for my coffee and was running late for a 9:00 meeting. I was speeding to save that (2-3 minutes) I got nailed going 70 in a 45. Stupid, I know... I have had a clean record for almost 10yrs :(

I blame it on Starbucks and if anyone here EVER see's me sippin' on a overpriced coffee I give you permission to open hand slap (bitch slap) me across my face!

To top it all off... The forgot the F*#@ING hazelnut!!! ARRGGGHHHHH!

Since when has it become acceptable to wait more than 5 minutes for a coffee? How about 23 minutes?!

That's it! I'm done with going to Starbucks to get my coffee and pastry in the morning. I would stop by at least 3 times a week to get my Hazelnut latte on the way to work.

This morning I waited 23 minutes in the drive-thru for my coffee and was running late for a 9:00 meeting. I was speeding to save that (2-3 minutes) I got nailed going 70 in a 45. Stupid, I know... I have had a clean record for almost 10yrs :(

I blame it on Starbucks and if anyone here EVER see's me sippin' on a overpriced coffee I give you permission to open hand slap (bitch slap) me across my face!

To top it all off... The forgot the F*#@ING hazelnut!!! ARRGGGHHHHH!

if you were already late, why stop for coffee? thats self-stabotage!! next time let your late-for-meeting adrenaline be your stim... time management, sucka!! ;-p

besides, an internet driving class later and youd never know it ever happened (aside from a few more bills missing from the ol wallette...)

Ha! My buddies wife can't function without Starbucks in the morning. I never understood it. I don't know how many times he's called me up saying how his wife is being a total beeyatch because she didn't have her caffeine fix! That poor girl.

P.S. Next time try the coffee at 7-11. It's actually pretty good! And no waiting for 23 minutes!

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

if you were already late, why stop for coffee? thats self-stabotage!! next time let your late-for-meeting adrenaline be your stim... time management, sucka!! ;-p

I should clarify... I wasn't running late before I stopped for the friggin' latte. I would have actually been to work early and ticket free...

I walk to work and there is a starbux in my building. The line is always long but it moves very quickly. A grande mild is the same price as DD $1.84 with tax - now that Bain bought DD & they jacked the prices. Starbux is way better coffee, it's in my building between the door and the elevator, they know what I order every day, know my name (call me Mr. Winston) and serve me with a smile... With the BofA keep the change TX every cup = $2 a day which does add up.... but it sure beats 70 in a 45!

Ever think about getting out of the car and going inside? Or getting a coffee maker for your house?

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

I Hate coffee. So, I save a lot of time and money at Starbucks. In fact, I have only been in there with my wife who can actually understand the million possible coffee orders one can make. Diet Coke keeps me awake during my 12 hr. shifts at night.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I started boycotting them a long time ago, mostly because it tastes like crap. I'd rather have any cheap gas station coffee, black.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Ever think about getting out of the car and going inside? Or getting a coffee maker for your house?

yeah, I do often get out of my car and the sad part is they know my name and my drink. Sometimes it's easier to go through the drive-thru when the line looks short. Today the line outside was short, it was a customer or an employee holding up the line,,,

Save some money AND drink better coffee:

Brew your own before leaving home!

I have never understood what's all the rage about Starbucks. Give me a freshly brewed cup of Yaucono any time. I have my first cup at 4:00 AM every day.

taza%20de%20Cafe.jpg

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Save some money AND drink better coffee:

Brew your own before leaving home!

Yup, thats what I do now. Since I'm not coherent enough to work the machine in the morning, I prepare it the night before and set it on a timer. Then you just pour it into one of those big silver mugs with a lid, and you're good to go.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I should clarify... I wasn't running late before I stopped for the friggin' latte. I would have actually been to work early and ticket free...

slowin down so you can just speed up... ive been trapped in the walgreens pharmacy drive through ONCE. its rare when the inside line moves less than 2x as fast as the outside one. just last night i skipped the outside line when picking something up for jenna (yes headache medicine). i was in and out before the outside line had moved two cars. the thing about car orders is you never know when some genius is buying coffee for his whole office! doesnt really translate to the pharmacy but,,,, i tried. =p

I prepare my Peets coffee the night before and have invested in a top of the line coffee maker. I do know how you feel. I got a parking ticket while wating in line at Walgreens yesterday.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Wow!

That does suck!

But...which witty movie line to use to chime in here?

The two young kids on Airplane!:

Coffee?

Yes, thank you.

Cream?

No. I take it black...like my men.

Or

Joe Pesci in Leathal Weapon 2 or 3 or 4:

Never go through the drive-thru!

They always F*** you at the drive thru!

They know you won't find out 'til you're miles down the road and you ain't gonna turn back then.

That's why they always F*** you at the drive-thru.

Sucks Bri.

I'm just glad I gave you a Jamba Juice card to repay that favor last summer!

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes