• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive rear brakes - update on GB

Lee

Here is a sneak peek

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,download/id,9566/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,download/id,9567/

Hats are currently being machined at the CNC shop.

So far the list on interested parties goes like that. I currently ordered 10 sets for this first batch. The CNC shop is currently producing 4 other projects for me. Small batches of 20 units each time. Most of the stuff is already sold before it reaches me. But I prefer to make small batches for now.

Rick R.

MadJurgen

Tom U.

Nelson P.

Henry H.

Moespeed

Hi Lee,

Put me down for a set.

Thanks,

Ray Koke

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. Please do not send payment yet. It's okay for those who have paid already. But I have created a business account with massivebrakes and will have all your payment directed to this account when parts will be ready to ship. I am sorry for the confliicting info.

I need to show my bank manager how much money the company can gross, in order to build the company's credibility with them.

Thanks for your understanding.

Lee

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Hi Lee, Is it too late to get on the list for the rear brake set up as I have your front kit. If it's not too late, put me down for a set. Thanks, Cort Chambers.

It is not too late. I dealt with my CNC supplier to buy a 12 foot long 8" diameter aluminum log, just for my company use. It helps reduce costs. I will be making 15 sets of rear kits.

Rick R.

MadJurgen

Tom U.

Nelson P.

Henry H.

Moespeed

Ray Koke

skelatons

goofycarp

www.massivebrakes.com

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

• 3 weeks later...

2002_rear-1.jpg

I just sent the 15 rear kits for anodizing. Some will be anodized plain silver, some will be gold. I will try to supply a few black ones as I have a minimum charge for 15 hats for every color at the anodizing shop. I have ordered all required fasteners and will start shipping kits in 8 business days.

For those needing a bit more clearance, I will offer 3mm aluminum spacers for $12usd each. Some of you will notice that the hats have provision for a set screw which is not available on the 2002 hubs. That is because tthose kits will also fit e21 rear hubs (with set screws). The same hat fits both cars.

I now have e30 M3 rally kits with smaller 300mm x 32mm rotors and 6 pot calipers to fit some 15" wheels and most 16".

Don't send payment yet. (I already have received two payments from some of you). I would appreciate getting payments by money orders or certified checks in US currency.

Spring is coming.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Hi Lee,

Nice to see the kit is progressing well. I have an issues with clearance on the rear as you know through our emails so I may need those spacers. Would also like to know if anyone else on the forum is using the Alpina 15x7 ET 12 wheels with this kit so I can compare clearance.

Nonetheless, count me in for the kit though as I will need to use a spacer on the hub anyway.

Let me know when you require payment. I'll need the Hats to be in the Gold anodised colour same as my front kit.

Many thanks

Divyesh

Here are a few shots from last week. Still waiting for brackets to come back from the anodizing shop. You will notice that the bolts must be installed from the inside out for clearance purpose. 6 sets are anodized plain (silver), 6 are gold and 3 are anthracite to fit those with front black hats.

With Billet NDL calipers (not the cast NDL as on the picture - which is not available with small piston) the caliper portrudes only 12mm beyond the face of the hat. slightly more with a Superlite caliper.

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Hi Lee,

The set up look great ! Im not sure exactly how much clearance I will need for the Alpina's until I fit the brake kit to the subframe. I'll need to use the most narrowest caliper ( i.e. NDL Billet) and I'm guessing the spacer on the hub will need be around 12-14mm.

Let me know when you the kits ready for shipping and I'll send payment via paypal.

Divyesh

Hi everyone.

The kits will ship at the end on the coming week. I am getting the anodized hats on Friday, or Monday, and those more-expensive-than expected one-piece steel brackets by Thursday. Kit will include anodized hats, steel brackets, all fasteners, and pair of brake lines + L-shaped fittings.

Those wanting the ebrake bracket for a spot caliper will need to wait another two weeks, or can make it them self. It is not diffficult.

The kits must be paid in canadian currency. I will not accept payments in US dollars. Kit is $550usd + $35usd shipping = $685 cdn payable to my Paypal company account at massivebrakes@gmail.com

Cost of kits shipped to Europe is $765 canadian.

No Paypal payment in US currency. You will need to do the exchange in your own account to Canadian dollars. US currency accepted only if paid by money order from known members. Thanks for your understanding. Wilwood parts can be paid in US currency by money orders.

Lee

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.