• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwarz 73 Tii resto bunch o' pics 3-15-09

kris

looks great kris. when you get it back to the shop think about every move you make. i still walk around like that tim conway character he does ?? dorf? where he takes 1 inch steps.. whenever im near my car so i dont accidently harv it

Meow!! Go easy on Harv! He was devastated when it happened.

i know man, harv has a good sense of humor

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Engine update:

Head work is underway (hemispherical porting)

JE forged pistons are getting a friction coating that Marcus uses on his race motors...just makes everything a bit more slippery.

Media blasting is done on a bunch of engine bits/covers.

Valve cover has a really nice wrinkle coat on it, looks amazing.

Motor will be ready in 6 weeks or so.

Pics to follow

70 M2 2.5L 

• 2 weeks later...

-

Wow, I can't beleive I only stumbled across this thread now. I guess I've never searched "Toronto" like I should have like a year ago. Too many searches involving "Rear diff" and the like.

Kris that is quite the car even before you started the resto. You're not fooling around though! I am putting my 68 sunroofed roundie on the road for the first time for April. I am scrambling to make my own deadline. The interior is totally stripped, custom seat brackets being made, parts to track down, etc..

I know what you mean about doing the M2 with flares. I'll do it one day, this isn't the car for me to do it on, it's not the right one.

Where did you find tires for those Alpinas, or did you. I see they still sold them from Bav Auto and was thinking of getting them. I think I have my heart set on a set of 14" BBS basketweaves. Any idea anywhere that would have them here in T.O.? Speaking of where in Toronto, you've got to spill on where you are getting your parts, who is you're interior guy, and who's that engine guy as well as any other secrets! I dropped Harry's which is on Queen like one block east of the DVP. He had a white roundie in there that looked sweet that they were working on as well as an impressive set of client cars in there! So I think I found a mechanic. I've only found one guy that can even get me bilsteins to fit the car, and that's after phoning like 30 shops, but he can't get me any springs.

The guy who did my appraisal knew all about 02's which I was a bit suprised about. I was talking to him about the price of door seals. He used to do resto's and suggested this place in Dundas near Hamilton which have car seals by the foot and then have a mechanic install it. I need sunroof and doors. I haven't even tried yet to get the sunroof to open. It's stuck and will not open.

I was going to do a big BavAuto.com order and ship it to Buffalo but I am having trouble tracking down my friend who lives there so I said screw it and am driving down to the warehouse near Boston this weekend and just picking the stuff up in the girlfriends parent's car.

Torontonians get in touch!!

Lukas

Lukas,

There are a group of us that get together for a couple of drives each summer. Lots of parts and mechanical experience. I did a resto on my 1602 last winter and I'm helping Kris with the reassembly of his Tii. Alpina rims are available from my buddy Dave as well as glass bumpers, flares and spoilers.

If you need stuff for you car let me know. I'm also available if you need help with your car. Will turn wrenches for beer.

Regards,

John

post-304-13667575134859_thumb.jpg

-

Wow John thanks so much for your generous offer. I hope to not have to take advantage of it too much. I am redoing the shocks and springs this month as well as the rear diff. All stuff I think I can handle (I hope). I plan on maybe replacing the sparkplugs and some other little engine bits cause the engine is solid once it warms up but you've really got to let it warm up, foot on the pedal for at least 2 minutes. I've got a mechanically inclined friend coming over to check it out. So hopefully I can suceed in all these little things.

Believe it or not the thing I am scared of is the sunroof. It's a two person job and I think it's going to make some hairs grey. Nothing happens when you turn the knob and it appears stuck. I am going to get a seal for it soon so when that happens I'll face the music. Ironically since you don't have a sunroof that may be the only area you may not have had to deal with on an '02. Kris' car has a sunroof though so you may have felt the pain.

Anyway, send me an email at lukas@axyzfx.com . Maybe we can hook up one of the last two weekends this month. I have the car stored in the beaches. I am scrambling to finish this car before April.

Lukas

-

post-2356-13667575167263_thumb.jpeg

post-2356-13667575167688_thumb.jpeg

Bridgeport, possibly the only machine that can reproduce itself, yet still take you into the afterlife if you're not careful.

I know what you mean though. Waiting on a oil chamber plug for a Michelin hydraulic car jack I bought recently. The instructions said remove plug to see if there was enough oil in there, getting it back in was another story. So I've got to wait for the plug to show up before I even think of using the jack to say, lift the car. The duct tape on there is good for small lifts though. These cars are pretty light though, someone suggested using leverage you could lift it with a 2x4. That engine lift pictured in this thread might not be such a good idea using that technique though. :)

Lukas,

Glad to hear there is another Toronto connection ...

Serge at New Image Interiors at Midland & Ellesmere can fix your sunroof, no problem. Blunt on this board has all the seals etc. you need, just look up the parts on realoem.com. I'm using Markus Glarner to build my motor, he comes highly recommended by many, including John ("will work for beer"), who has made it possible for me to take on this project. I was new last year and John, Dave, Richard, Nathan in Buffalo and others made me feel very much at home.

The sunroof is not tricky, but I did break something taking it out. You probably blew a cable.

Email me kris@rideforkaren.com and we can discuss any questions you have. Good luck, your car looks great.

Kris

70 M2 2.5L 

Your car looks great!

Yea, never take your o2 body off a dolly late at night by yourself next to a Bridgport milling machine.

John

I scratched it putting the b pillar trim back on...it felt good to get it out of the way.

70 M2 2.5L 

We went on a trip to the interior shop today! The plans are...

Sunroof reinstall
Headliner
Insulation
Carpet
NOS dash
Some seals, etc.
This is bread & butter work for an interior shop, so I decided to let them do it instead of me butchering it...I'll stick to reassembly of the mechanical bits. All my chrome parts are back from the chrome shop and they are wild, I think the bumpers might be NCRS quality ;))

Edited by kris

70 M2 2.5L 

• 4 weeks later...

A few shots from a visit to the interior shop today. NOS dash in, seals and carpets underway. Car will be back to me in a week for exterior trim, bumpers, grilles, headlights etc, etc.

post-1614-1366758793704_thumb.jpg

post-1614-13667587938014_thumb.jpg

post-1614-1366758793904_thumb.jpg

post-1614-1366758794001_thumb.jpg

70 M2 2.5L