Guest Anonymous

BMW 2002 shop manual

17 posts / 1398 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Can you believe the two books (bands) of the BMW 2002 Shop Manual went for $129.oo (see ebay item 290047258624)? Isn't that a bit pricey or is that how high the price has gone?

pricy ?? not for the last 8+ years

$129 is very fair to low in the Out-of-Print

book sellers world.

When I have had any in stock - folks

fight over them at $190 for the 2-volume set.

There are 'early 1-volume manuals out there - maybe for less.

keep hunting.

d6_1.JPG

I Like it!

I have the shop manuals for my other cars. I just hope the trend continues while I try to sell the service books from our Audi A4.

scan0009.jpg

fortunatly - BENTLY PUBLISHERS will supply Audi, new BMW, SAAB, VW

literature because THEY ARE the publishers for VW/AUDI/PORSCHE - so you won't need to fleabay any time soon for hard to find repair manuals.

bentley_au07_cv_large.jpg

I made the service manual as part of the purchase agreement back in '98 when the car was new. 6 months later they say they have it. I go to the dealer and they hand me a huge 2 foot square box. Inside were paper manuals, slip covers, slip cover holders, electrical diagrams, binders, and updates. Jackpot.

The trend with most technical documentation is onto CD. Nice for searching, but for general use, it is hard to beat a paper copy.

Do you doubt it? OK. Let's try a little test. I'll drop my paper copy from 6 feet up, you drop your laptop from the same height.

Guest Anonymous

When I bought them (about 10 years ago) they were about $65 each. I hadn't priced them since. Also have a copy of the one from BimmerPartsand and, you're right, that was $95.

The seller didn't understand the numbering system and advertised them as possible "missing pages" -- I took a chance and was the only bidder.

there was a listing for the OEM manual on ebay last Spring that went for about $40 dollars. it was miscategorized and i was watching it. i didn't think too much about it cuz i already have duplicate copies and figured it would just get sniped up to a typical $90+ range. boy was i surprised.

if i wasn't such a lazy-ass wrt to shipping obligations i'd love to unload some crap on ePay.

My idea is to split the cost with someone then go to kinkos afterwards. Win-win.

I know I paid a bit much for the tii, but there was that big fat blue binder in the trunk when I took it home . . thanks PO! had no idea it was worth that much

which is 210 x 297 mm or 8.3 x 11.7 inches. If you reduce to 94% during copying onto 8.5 x 11 inch paper, you won't lose anything. Also, use 3-hole punched paper, so you don't have to punch by hand afterward.

Then you need binders, tabs, and labels for the tabs and binders.

Be sure to start with a copy that has the latest (11.75?) updates.

After you do all that, are you really saving any money over buying a copy from BMP, Bimmer Parts, etc?