Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

OK, It's Stupid Question Time Again!!

7 posts / 835 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Allright here is my delima...

I am in the process of redoing the brake system and I want to know IF there is a aftermarket part the replaces the line that runs from the brake fluid reservoir to master clutch cylinder.

Apparently the old one was fabricated and when I replaced the clutch master I could not insert the flange-tip of the old line to make it secured firmly.

I have been told by the dealership that you can pull the rubber connection off the clutch master and work it down the line to the flange tip and then connect that to the clutch master. I do not wish to risk a new $70 part just to know I have to get another one.

Is there a hose with fitting that I can use in it's place or is there another method I don't know of?

Thanks!!

J.E.2002

I think you're meaning the plastic nipple fitting that attaches the rubber line to the MC. The right hose is the blue cloth covered stuff, iirc.

You can get a part for a VW that will fit the hose and the MC perfectly, but it will exit at a different angle. I don't remember whether the VW part or the BMW part is 90° and the other is 45°, but that's the only difference between the fittings. It works fine, mine has been in place about six years now.

If you can successfully extract the old fitting from the old MC, you should be able to reuse it. Mine broke during the extraction attempt, so be gentle with it. A new one would be more durable.

-Jerry

...."""I am in the process of redoing the brake system and I want to know IF there is a aftermarket part the replaces the line that runs from the brake fluid reservoir to master clutch cylinder...."""

=that is a hard plastic, pre-bent line with a special screw fitting on the lower end. ONLY BMW parts will do and it's available. The upper end to the res. is connected using a short piece of "BLUE" brake fluid hose and crimp clamps.

14-4488548.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Actually it's the line that goes from the reservoir 9by the way of some blue brake line all the way to the clutch master.

It even attaches to the brake master cylinder (by way of little metal tabs). It could very well be connected by 90 degree plastic elbow, I don't know.

The pic did not really show the clutch master very well to point it out

Appreciate the help!

J.E.2002

P.S. I like the front strut brace you've got

Guest Anonymous

Part no.9

Now what is the best way to install it without damaging the seal on the clutch master?

Thanks!

J.E.

I fought with that exact issue, I loosened the master from the pedal box, lubed the heck out of the bushing, and wiggled the pipe into the bushing. Then reinstalled the master. The way that it's flared makes it pretty tough. Mine had a metal tube, not plastic, and the flare has to be seated all the way to the bottom of the bushing.

If you screw the bushing up, you can replace it with a 34 31 1 103 205. Not shown on any ETK, but it fits perfectly. Don't ask me how I know.

Good luck, I swore over this one for hours.