Lars

Yea, Dallas 02ers.....

19 posts / 739 viewsLast Reply

Who has a tan roundie with dark wheels that was north of McKinney around 11:00 am on Saturday. It just added to the fun of a 3 day trip to Texas. Only 02 I saw the whole time.

Yeah, sort of. He's the one who bought a cali car and the engine died like immediately. he put in a korman stage 1 engine. You'll find his voyage in the project blogs i think.

My bad - you said roundie!! He has a tan squarie. His dad has a tan roundie? But it has e30 steelies.

Only was able to see it from a distance and my vision isn't as good as it once was.

Twas me! I have been frequenting the roads north of McKinney. I've been making runs to Grayson County for non ethanol gas.

DSCN0173.jpg

Speaking of Dallas '02 owners, I finally became an official owner. Picked it up this past weekend from PSloan in Houston.

1600.jpg

The car was originally Sahara, and manufactured November 12th, 1970 (according to the BMW Mobile Traditions email I got).

I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road. :)

1970??? Hm. I had a hard time determining what car it was at first. For some reason I had confirmed that it was a 69.

I thought so, too. But here's the email I got from BMW:

Thank you for your email.

The BMW 1600 US VIN 1572148 was manufactured on November 12th, 1970 and

delivered on November 17th, 1970 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in

New York City. The original colour was Sahara, paint code 006.

We hope, this is helpful for you.

Yours sincerely,

BMW Mobile Tradition

Group Archives

Andreas Harz

Apparently it's a 70. Unless the inner fender part where the VIN number is has been replaced. I also couldn't find any hint of Sahara paint on it anywhere. It all looks white to me...

Is there another location for the VIN number on these cars?

Wait a minute...

If it was BUILT it November 1970, wouldn't that actually make it a '71 year model car???

It doesn't really matter to me whether it's a 69, 70, or 71, but I'm sure the Texas DMV will want to know when I register it. :)

How do you find the manufacter date through BMW Mobile Tradition? Do you just email them?

You can send an email to [email protected] and send them the VIN number. I got the above email back within 24 hours, although that might be rare I don't really know.