70roundtail02

NEW RACE TRACK BEING BUILT IN OREGON

13 posts / 2132 viewsLast Reply

Was bored at work crusing vortex pnw forums and found this. I can't wait...

http://www.oregonraceway.com/index_files/Page365.htm

And here is showing where it is, a bit out in the middle of nowhere but not too bad for me coming from the east side of the state.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=grass+valley&state=or&zipcode=

Yeah, this has been PNW news for a while.

It'll be open for tours next weekend (18th and 19th)

woo hoo.

t

that looks great! Might have to get out there and check it out once its up and running.

We need more motor racing. I guess there was some action trying to get Coos Bay Oregon to host an open wheeled motor race weekend where i'd be a street course using part of highway 101 and some streets in town.

I wonder what ever came of that.

We used to have races yearly @ Port Orford Airport. Most of the locals were very happy to see us. However the 2-3 people that sometimes use the airport complained to the FAA and we could not continue.

The track in Grass Valley needs investors to get going. G

Once it opens up I will surely be headed that direction. I do plan on hitting up pacific raceyways and doing some driver schools there once the car is back together. Anybody run their cars their?

We used to have races yearly @ Port Orford Airport. Most of the locals were very happy to see us. However the 2-3 people that sometimes use the airport complained to the FAA and we could not continue.

The track in Grass Valley needs investors to get going. G

thats funny. I remember when they used to race out there. We were told that (i know this is probaby BS) but the airport road strip near Cape Blanco (close to Port Orford) was designated as an emergency landing spot for the space shuttle.. which it must be pretty low on the list of places to land, but that is a pretty long strip ya? I think it was built in wwII for bombers or some crap.

We've been trying to get the use of that place again but its a no go.. they keep talking about safety.. I guess if a 747 ever needs to land in southern oregon thats the only place.

Well screw them.. let us race on it.. we'll get out of the way if needs!

I recall one time quite a few years ago but the Olympia airport had some auto cross course setup on it. It seems pretty logical but I haven't seen anything like it again in years.

We used to have races @ Olympia. I raced there in 88 and 89. The FAA ran us out of there also. G

Cool too bad they are trying to shut down PIR. Hopefully being out in the middle of the state gives it some time to be around before the population moves out there and tries to shut it down as well.

I didnt think the spokane one would ever be bothered because of its location, but I think that has more to do with the running of the business there...

Yes Ive been there for a PRO3 race (and to watch TobyB). I help out with one of the local PRO3 guys so thats why I was there. The track is right by a ready mix batch plant aggregate facility. It also sucks because you need to drive ON the track to get to the pits which are in the center so it makes arriving and leaving a real pain. Also the track lacks runoff. Overall its better than nothing and the E. WA guys at least dont have to drive to PR to use a track every time..

And it is fast. I hit 7000 + RPM with a 3:64 and 23 inch tires last summer. G