Guest hogpie

Hesitation on hard acceleration

3 posts / 1505 viewsLast Reply

Guest hogpie

I have a 32/36 dgav carb. When I punch it I get a hesitation before it gets up and goes. The engine runs fantastic otherwise, has the proper jetting, smooth, steady idle, good smooth acceleration under normal driving circumstances. I was wondering if plugging the hole in the weber would make any difference or is that mod just to improve mileage. The one where you take it apart and plug the brass piece(not really a jet, I don't think) along the mating surface of the two halves. I hope you know what I'm talking about. Any other suggestions as what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated. TIA.....steve

Did you notice an rpm band in which this hesitation occurs? that can help identify the problem. there is a distinctive transition between the idle and main jets, which if they are not tuned perfectly can easily give you a hesitation under hard hesitation - even if both the idle and mains run well on their own.

if your air corrections are too large you can miss at peak rpm as well--

I run dual side solex, so my hesitation problems are more pronounced that yours would be, but even if it seems super smooth under normal acceleration, you can still hit the transition badly if you punch it.

sorry i dont know anything about plugging holes- :) but i suppose its worth a shot as the FAQ says to do it!

----= YES - plug-it !

and re-check yer jets again to be sure the right hole size is in the right hole.

3236diag.jpg

..............AND my WEBER prescription:

32/36

Float Level 40mm

PRIMARY

idle 60

main 140

air correction 145

SECONDARY

idle 55

main 170

air correction 175

AND -PLUG THE SECONDARY ENRICHMENT HOLE AT THE TOP OF THE CARB AS MY DIAGRAM SHOWS . DON'T ASK WHY- JUST DO IT AND SEE THE HUGE DIFFERANCE IN ACCURATE FUEL METERING THROUGH OUT ALL RPM AND THROTTLE OPENINGS