HarryPR

Hey, Blunt, you need to check this out!

11 posts / 1508 viewsLast Reply

Hey Harry:

I admit I didn't read the article, but I can see the pics...I thought Alpinas came stock with flared fenders???

John

post-197-13667570901916_thumb.jpg

Hi John,

It looks like you could pick and choose from the Alpina "menu". I guess flares were part of that menu. I'm no expert, so someone more knowledgeable might chime in.

Here's the spec sheet included with the article :

post-90-13667570910797_thumb.jpg

oh nice, theres a gerald dye in wayzata but no glenn. im going to contact him and see if hes a relative of glenns. wayzata's a pretty small town.

thanks for the article. cool stuff

Yep - Alpina offered a 'build to order' selection of parts buyers could include in their 2002. They also offered 'standard models' with a package of interrelated parts which buyers could also add to from the 'ala carte' menu. The flares were not required or always included. The coolest thing is that Alpina-modded 2002 were still backed by the BMW warranty.

Thanks for the clarification....that's cool!

Those must have been the days....wish I'd been '02 savy back then. Being from the Midwest, I just wasn't educated on '02's "back in the day"! :-)

To order an Alpina '02 would have been awesome with or without flares! :-)

John

My dad was stationed in Germany from 70-78. He wouldn't buy German cars because "they rust". If I would have just been more convincing.

Imagine speccing a 2002 back then with the knowledge we have today.... oh my, it would be glorious!

Todd

Imagine speccing a 2002 back then with the knowledge we have today.... oh my, it would be glorious!

Todd

ya that would be cool. Keep in mind though: $5,579.45 USD was bank back then. My parents bought 40 acres of land with timber and river front for a little less than that back in 1970.

[ps] I gotta admit I looked up Glen Dye or any other Dye's around here in case he'd moved to langlois and parked that in a local barn!

Hehehe, yeah I know... compared to what sort of US car you could get at teh time, it was very much a luxury vehicle.

Todd