ascottbar

eBay and 2002 parts

6 posts / 1487 viewsLast Reply

This is probably a bit off topic but I am feeling the need to vent. What is it with some of these goofballs on ebay that just seem to bid so they are the current winning bidder on an item? If you are going to bid early then put out the max you are willing to pay instead of putting in 15 bids over the life of the auction. The other option is to wait until the last few seconds to put in your max bid. I know this may be frustrating to sellers on eBay that want you to bid and bid often, but as a buyer, it does us no good. OK I am done now...

Over many years of buying things on eBay, I have noticed that the bid price usually mimics an exponential curve, peaking rapidly in the last seconds of the auction. Rarely does it seem that the actual selling price is set and stable from an early point in the auction. This holds for most eBay items I am watching.

Following on from your comments, frequent small increment bids early in the auction are likely irrelevent anyway as the price is likely going to climb significantly as the auction approaches its end.

i know, this frustrates me as a buyer too. but if im selling i want you freaks to bid often. i never bid on anything till the last 5 seconds and then i put in the max im willing to pay. sometimes i win and sometimes i dont

some people just don't understand the bidding concept. Bidding early and in multiple times does not make sense to me. But I'm sure it makes sense to the seller

It's an auction.

That's how it works.

I don't particularly like the sniping systems and the electronic aution aids out there, but it is technology. That's how it works.

i never bid on anything till the last 5 seconds and then i put in the max im willing to pay. sometimes i win and sometimes i dont

that's my snipe setup too....the early bidders don't understand, all they're doing is jacking up the final price