kprocyk

installing E30 recaro seats

2 posts / 1058 viewsLast Reply

Hi folks

I am considering installing E30 recaro front/back seats into my 1976 2002, does anyone have advice,tips,suggestions on how do this. Do I have to modify or fabricate the seat rails? I know there is a mention on this site in the FAQ's section but there are no tips, advice, or procedures. If anyone has done this swap please email me and provide some advice. My email is [email protected] or respond to this blog

Thanks

Kris Procyk

e30 sport seats are not Recaros. I have seen it done twice. Once by me on a 74 tii. I had to cut off the stock seat mounts from the floor and mount the seats directly to the floor with 10 mm bolts, large washers and nuts. The down side besides screwing up the car is the seats don't sit centered in front of the steering wheel. The other car has them mounted on top of the stock seat mounts. It works but if you are taller than 5 feet, your head is plastered to the headliner. This car is a sunroof, BTW. So, do I recommend this swap? Hell no. e21 Recaros are the way to go!