B-Doon

Diff fluid question...

7 posts / 998 viewsLast Reply

Does diff fluid run through the halfshafts? I removed both of my rear half shafts and some fluid ran out of the driver side terminal end, but not on the pass side shaft...

I finally got the correct rear springs installed yesterday....I'll take her out and post some pics in this thread tonight!

Peace,

Brian

Also, to tell the difference between the two:

Diff oil (most any brand) stinks to high heaven.

CV joint grease doesn't really smell bad, but gets EVERYWHERE and can be a bitch to clean.

Here's a pic from today's ride....

It was dreamy until my new transmission started to have problems shifting into first from a dead stop....It would not find any of the gears on the "top" of the shift pattern(R, 1, 3)...It felt as if something was blocking it...it only happened intermitently(at the worst possible times), and when I got home and played with it in the garage while off, it was fine....it had no problem at all, just a little notchy....

I tried to find some fall foilage as a backdrop....but most of the leaves had fallen....also I was in a hurry as the park I was taking pics in is a well known place for married men to troll for gay encounters....I've been hit on there in the past by old rednecks.....creepy...

72inka2.jpg

First, check the shifter platform, it probably needs to be adjusted (probably hanging down a little at the rear). It can cause hard shifting when this happens.