Sign in to follow this  
JOHNAHOF

Does anyone on his forum run a Weber 38/. . .

7 posts / 1257 viewsLast Reply

Does anyone on his forum run a Weber 38/38 DGAS. I have a second intake manifold and I am thinking of porting it out to take the 38/38 with synchronous throttle. Have you noticed an increase in power? Is it linear throughout the RPM range? Any drivability issue associated to this set up if used on the street?

thanks,

John

Mine is OK. For some reason I liked my 32/36 better - and it used less gas. It just seemed to be a better fit for a stock motor.

The car just wants to GO with a 38 an 3.91 lsd.

With both barrels opening at once you get more umphh when you tip in the gas. I felt that there was more low end torque when I stepped up from a 32/36. Top end is about the same as a 32/36...maybe a little easier revving.

Many people have a flat spot with the 38. I have been able to jet mine pretty well and don't seem to have the flat spot.

Sorry, can't help you with jetting unless you live at 6800 feet.

HTH,

Gary

I had a 38/38 on my ex-'71 and that carb was a significant improvment in power over the 32/36 in my ex-'75. It's worth doing this upgrade in my opinion...

I recently put a 38/38 weber on my fairly stock car. I think the critical thing about getting the 38/38 to operate correctly is that it is jetted correctly. The jets that come with the 38/38 are not set up for a stock 2002. I ended up using 125s for the main, 50s for the idle and 175s for the air corrector and the carb makes my car run better than it ever has. The excelleration is great and there are no flat spots at all. The people at Ireland Engineering helped me select the correct jets. I purchased the jets from them and installed them myself.

George

so funny-

if I run smaller than a 140 main, I have a vicious flatspot at cruise.

But your mileage may vary.

I still wanna build a 1-into-2 intake to see what that does...

t