Guest Anonymous

Vinyl Covering for Trunk Panels

23 posts / 4727 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Where can I get this matterial? The boards are fine but the vinyl is torn.

J.E.

if youre looking for 100% authentic this isnt for you but i got some marine vinyl at a fabric store and did mine. admittedly it isnt as tough as that BMW stuff but for my needs it was fine. i doubt my trunk will see a lot of use and if i carry something ill put a protective cover down first.

trunk013.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Dear BLUNT,

Man that looks nice, how did you do the side panels, what kind of template did you have?

J.E.

Dear BLUNT,

Man that looks nice, how did you do the side panels, what kind of template did you have?

J.E.

thanks. mr duke rimmer was good enough to mail me patterns for them. i used them and then mailed them to another 02er who needed them. i dont recall who it was now but perhaps they will read this and continue the tradition.

edit. i just searched my email and found who i sent them to. mike jordan

mjtem at hotmail dot com...... maybe drop him a line and see if he can hook you up

Early cars came with side panels. I have some at home.

If you have no luck beforehand, I could measure them up at the w/end for you.

Just about any fabric store will carry black and grey vinyl. I went that route and have been very pleased...vinyl is relatively inexpensive and a wonderful upgrade over missing or old torn vinyl.

See if your dealer can order some for you p/n: 51 95 1 811 281 Usu sold per square meter. Also make sure you make the dealer gives you some $`s off retail!!! Good luck.

any fabric store will have a selection of vinyls...you can almost always find a remnant table with pieces large enough to do about anything in the car for cheap

trunkcovers.jpg

Duke,

Send them to me as well. Shoot me your e-mail addy and I'll send you my address. I'm local.

Duke,

Hate to jump on the bandwagon and make more requests, but any chance I could snag those from you as well?

If it just takes a forum donation, consider it done!

I bought some from Walloth & Netsch(sp?) about a year ago. Getting it shipped to the States economically was a PITA.

mac.

Once the bench is cleared and paper is laid out it's easy to make two as it is to make one. Yours would be three. Glad to make more for anyone willing to send Steve K a contribution. Instructions are at the top of parts forum. I think this scheme is more attractive to the cash contributor if it's kept simple, so parts contributor should pay shipping.

Could somebody maybe make the files digital so we could have it as a downloadable pdf? That way everybody gets some lovely trunk action!?