Sign in to follow this  
RodC

Cont'd from first post

3 posts / 723 viewsLast Reply

I think I've got the problem of getting the pictures to fit the post solved. Thanks for the suggestions. I have another problem more serious - I've found rust on the shock towers. It's through in a couple of spots on both sides. Is there any aftermarket repair kits for this or do you have to fabricate new metal to fit the individual problem?

Thanks,

Rod

post-2266-13667570779475_thumb.jpg

post-2266-13667570779975_thumb.jpg

post-2266-13667570780711_thumb.jpg

post-2266-13667570781225_thumb.jpg

For smaller areas of rust, you can fabricate patches from suitably heavy guage sheet steel. You could also get donor patches or entire towers from a car being parted out or from somebody like 2002AD. Or you can purchace new ones from Maximillian or other supplier.

Check also the spare tire well, rocker panels and front frame rails. The same options apply to these areas too.

Thanks, Paul. After I had missed the shock towers, I went over everyhing else closely but it looks solid.