Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Distance between wheels?

6 posts / 992 viewsLast Reply

Can anyone tell me the distance between the inner sides of the tires on a 2002? I guess this would be the "track width"? I'm renting a trailer to go pick up my newly aquired car, and the rental place doesn't have a completely flat trailer. It's basically two "rails" that the tires go in, for lack of a better description. Hopefully at least some of you know what I'm talking about. :)

I just want to make sure that when I get there to pick up the car it's not too narrow to fit. I'm sure I'm being overly paranoid here, but I don't want to drive 5 hours and THEN find out that it won't work.

Also, all of the '02 bodies had the same width, right? The car I'm getting is actually '69 1600, but from what I understand it shouldn't make any difference.

Thanks,

Grant

I towed mine on a U-haul car dolly and it just fit, I think there was about an inch left on the inside (total).

It should fit, I've used the Uhaul 2-rail trailer for my Tii.

When I was bringing my '59 Austin Bugeye home for the first time, it was too narrow and I ended up flipping the wheels inside-out to make the track wider. That may also work on an '02 if it has stock wheels.

Thanks. It's not a U-Haul trailer, but I'm sure it's about the same dimensions.

U-Haul doesn't seem to want to take my money, just because I'm towing it with a Ford Explorer Sport-Trac. :)

it's about 52 inches if you're running oversized wheels/tires, according to one article I read.

Delia

it's about 52 inches if you're running oversized wheels/tires, according to one article I read.

Delia