us4736

kormans turbo flares

9 posts / 1983 viewsLast Reply

did anyone ever use the turbo flares that korman autoworks sells ? because i ordered the schnitzer box flares a few weeks ago and i did'nt like the fit or finsh at all so i sent them back ( cost me 400$ in shipping) anyway i'am going with the turbo flares now and was wondering if theirs any differance between kormans and someone elses .anybody ever use kormans

Don't do it!! I have an older set of Korman flares that I purchased from someone else a couple of years ago. The fit and finish is very poor. I had to order an air dam, so a few months ago, I figured I'd get one from Korman that matched. It is going to take me several hours to get it anywhere near paintable. There are GOBS of resin all over the front surface and the edges are kinda wavy. I think they are shipped straight from the fiberglass shop to the customers and maybe arent inspected by the guys at korman. They burnt me on shipping too.

If my son ever gives me my camera back, I could send/post pictures.

HTH

Steve P. in NC

so anybody know who has the nicest ones that fit ?

i have factory bmw pieces but they are 700 bucks for 4 flares and front spoiler but you wont get nicer

We have Korman flares on Nick's car and F&F was fine. BUT, the front air dam is a piece of crap. The quality was THE WORST. Lots of air pockets. Very, very poor quality. I would never buy another spoiler from them.

The flares on my car were horrible. There were MANY hours to get them straight. I have a suspicion that many fiberglass parts are like that. I think it's very hard to make straight fiberglass pieces withought making them just as heavy as the steel pieces they may replace.

John

Guest Anonymous

you discovered the great thing about the korman flairs, they fit like shit and need around 15hrs of body work to clean up. I even meet the guy who did their flairs once, he was braging about how great his 911 body work was. From 50 feet away it looked like shit. I have installed a lot of the DAP BMW units, as sold here on the FAQ, and have to say its the highest quality I have seen. When I get questions about where to go at teh shop thats were I send people.

Sam

LaValle's Import Restorations

merlin_m3_racing (a) yahoo.com

please note the underscores