Sign in to follow this  
gazanik

power????

8 posts / 1851 viewsLast Reply

hello... does anyone have power doors and windows,, if so could you send me the link where you got the stuff from,, and the... was it hard to install .. any problems while installing???

THANKS

http://www.slickcar.com/

or just get them through eBay. You'll find better deals that way.

Not that difficult to install. A few hours on a Saturday, really. I imagine that electric windows would be just as easy.

If you go with the shaved door handles (I LOVE mine), make sure you get 40+ lb. solenoids.

Good luck!

.....please buy a E30 318is .

just my $20.02.

I love the opportunity to add newer technology to an old body style! Admittedly, I prefer not to add non BMW parts if I can help it, but I have yet to find the proper window/door lock stuff in another BMW.

Under restoration at the 2002ad.com site they have a 02 for a Japanese customer with power windows.

and I have heard that you could use BMW parts for power windows on your 02, but I do not know which type.

Sorry about the dirty car and poor picture quality, but this is the only image that I seem to have. Either way, I just made some aluminum plates to go over the door handle dents. Eventually and idealistically, I'd bodywork these smooth.

I also start my car with a small hidden switch and a push button where the key used to be, so I only need my little clicker thingy to enter and start the car. I love it.

post-375-13667570757538_thumb.jpg

.....please buy a E30 318is .

just my $20.02.

I love the opportunity to add newer technology to an old body style! Admittedly, I prefer not to add non BMW parts if I can help it, but I have yet to find the proper window/door lock stuff in another BMW.

i like adding new technology as well as long as its not that noticable. I have e36 m3 power heated seats and plan on going power doors and windows. Ps a 318is isnt even comparable to a 2002 in terms of driving enjoyment, if he wants to add ammenties to his 02 let him do it.