Mike87

Half shaft CV joint replacement?

2 posts / 870 viewsLast Reply

First off, my CV joints are loose and they need replacement, but from what I have read replacements are few and far between. I am running a 320 LSD and need the 320 CV on the inside with a 2002 CV on the outside. I did pull them out and regrease them, but they are defiantly worn and are loose.

I was thinking of getting a pair of bone yard 320 half shafts, removing the outer CV's and installing 2002 CV's. Is this the way to go?

Also, I do have a pair of old 2002 half shafts (with CV joints) but the CV's appear to be different than the ones on my car now. Did the CV joint design change from year to year for the 2002?

Are there new CV joints (or half shafts) available? If so, where?

Thanks,

Mike

Guest Anonymous

on the older style the bolts went through the spindle flange and were attached by a nut. on 74-76 (i think) the flange was threaded and didnt use a nut at the end. the joints dont matter, just your flanges on the wheel side.