TurkisTii

Before and After Cleaning Sunvisors with Soft Scrub

5 posts / 1366 viewsLast Reply

I just wanted to share this before and after photo of my sunvisors before cleaning with Soft Scrub. I never realized how filthy these were before cleaining. The Soft Scrub website says its not recommended for vechicles. Anyone has experience with Soft Scrub harming sunvisor or headliner surface?

Sunvisorcleaningwithsoftscrub.jpg

Regards,

Duane

'73 TurkisTii

I used softscrub with bleach yesterday on my headliner. I was thinking that the headliner is about the only thing I did not replace during my restoration, and it was about time (3 years or so later) that I did that. My headliner was pretty dirty, so I thought I would use this just to see how it would go. It worked so well, I talked myself out of a new one. It's the orginal headliner and it only has one small (1/8 in) tear. I installed some NOS visors, and they made the whole interior look like new. I think it works pretty well!

Nice to see another turkis tii, by the way!

WOW! I'd like to try it. How did you do it. cloth? spoonge? It should aslo doe wonders on the headliner. Which softscrub product did you use?

Vincent

How did you do it. cloth? spoonge? It should aslo doe wonders on the headliner. Which softscrub product did you use?

I used Soft Scrub with Bleach with a nylon hand brush. I probably shouldn't have treated it so rough, but it held up just fine.

be sure to go over the vinyl with a good quality preservative - Vinylex or similar.