Sign in to follow this  
RodC

New to the family

5 posts / 788 viewsLast Reply

and wanted to say Hi! Just bought my first 2002, a 1976 Granatrot metallic. It has a weber card and K&N air filter but otherwise stock. The car has lived in Canada all of it's life and I'm the fourth owner. I had a 1980 Porsche 911 but I find this is more of a blast to drive. The car has a little bit of rust and uses a bit of oil but nothing that can't be fixed over time. I have been reading FAQ for the last several months and learning about the 02 - thanks, it's been very helpful. Edward, if you're looking in - thanks for your help and support. My mechanics skills are limited and rusty (no pun intended) so I'll be asking a lot of questions in the future. First question - how do you reduce the size of a picture to fit the attachment - 3Mb down to 500kb. Once I figure that out I'll send a picture of the car.

Thanks,

Rod Crichton

Hi and welcome. Hope you enjoy the new toy.

Guest Anonymous

Hi, Rod, welcometo the greatest bunch of car nuts, bolts, washers and aficianados in the world have fun

Welcome to the sickness.

MSOffice 2002 and older comes with MS Photo Editor. You can use the resize tool to change the dimensions; and the save-as detail menu (for jpg format) to change file density. Both will reduce the file size.

Welcome to the cult, Rod.

Reducing a digital photos filesize is about a) shrinking the number of pixels (horiz & vert) of the image by scaling or cropping it, and then B) using compression in the file format you save it in. For photo posts to online forums like this, I shoot for less than 800 horiz pixels (sometimes 640), and I use a JPEG compression setting of 70-80%. That'll generally produce an image with a size of 120-130kb. HTH - show us a pic of your new ride.