johnhup

Any tips on getting my MegaSquirted car running?

5 posts / 919 viewsLast Reply

As many of you know I have just finished installing my ITB project and now I am working on getting it running. I have gotten it stuttering but not running properly. All my sensors seem to be responding except for the O2 which is okay because it should still run without it.

I flooded it with gas last night so Im going back today to check all my setting and give it one more try. I am not sure if anyone has any advice but I decided to post my logs just in case.

http://designmills.com/temp/

I flooded it with gas last night so Im going back today to check all my setting and give it one more try.

http://designmills.com/temp/

Under injection control, you have your "reqFuel" set to 18.4 which is huge. it should be closer to 6 or 7 if you are using #19-24 injectors.

it looks like you forgot to run the required fuel calculator in Injection Control, or maybe you forgot to burn it to the ECU.

Also, don't forget to have your throttle stops a bit open (and your TPS zeroed out), so that you will be able to idle without having to put your foot on the gas.

My reading of your log files is that your ASE is too low, since the car starts but just does not continue running. You will need ASE+warmup enrich to be more than 150% of standard PW time at the moment of start (Difficult I know since you have no idea what standard idle pw will really be). After 25sec or so the ASE should be decayed out and then just a warmup of around 125% remaining. I also think your VE bins in the idle range are considerably too lean(but I am not sure exactly where you idle), especially since you are begining and nothing else is dialed in well.

You could try connecting the LC-1's power to an always on power source temporarily and let it warm up before you crank so that you have some idea of what is going on...start-up lambdas are usually above 10 but below 12, although things should quickly move towards your idle lambda

I never even thought to mess with ASE. I will give that whirl. I also got my 02 sensor hooked up and I am getting around 10 AFR during start so thats a good sign.

I am seeing a little bit of backfiring out the trumpets when I am starting it which is also leading me to believe that my VE tables are too lean down low. I am going to try scaling everything upward and see what I get.