Das02

Aftermarket Door Seals??

15 posts / 1911 viewsLast Reply

Anybody have raves/complaints about the aftermarket doors seals being sold?? I work for a auto repair shop, and world pac is offering the seals, and they are being made by a company called APA. Should I nut up and pay for the OEM's or??????

Thanks

Marshall

Guest Anonymous

more then likely these are the same seals the dealer is selling.

as far as these being the same seals i wouldnt know and i have no experience with the aftermarket door seals but i can tell you i sell a lot of bmw trunk and windscreen seals to guys that have tried the aftermarket units. the door seals may be fine for all i know. rubber is rubber a guy would think but maybe not. try them and let us know

Guest Anonymous

Typically world pac sells OEM stuff. It is unlikely that an aftermarket supplier would manufacturer these at the same time BMW did. Someone made them for BMW and the excess as part of a licensing agreement goes to the non factory retails channels like worldpac.

Typically world pac sells OEM stuff. It is unlikely that an aftermarket supplier would manufacturer these at the same time BMW did. Someone made them for BMW and the excess as part of a licensing agreement goes to the non factory retails channels like worldpac.

im no expert and dont claim to be but why then do the front and rear window seals suck? these are not made by whoever makes bmw seals

why then do the front and rear window seals suck? these are not made by whoever makes bmw seals

i'm butting in but i'm not sure they do suck...i used aftermarket front and rear window seals and there were no problems and there have been no problems...the guy that installed them said it was a typical installation and never mentioned it being difficult

i think a lot of the "they suck" could be attributed to the pygmalion effect....

personally, i wouldn't hesitate to try aftermarket door seals

The "cheap" ones that I bought were either made (or distributed) by a Company called ÜRO and labelled with the correct BMW part#.

Haven't fitted them yet but they "look the part".

They certainly look better than what's on the car now!

Yes I can testify to the aftermarket windshield seals-I put a rear on on my 02 and if fit perfect, but I tried one (same manufacturer APA) on a E21 for the front and it was a horrible fit-infact could not get the window to seal.

I STAND CORRECTED I GUESS. IVE SOLD 4 SETS IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS TO GUYS BITCHING ABOUT POOR FITMENT. MAYBE ITS INSTALLERS ERROR.

You saved a lot by using home made door seals that I'm sure are going to leak a lot sooner then the OEM ones. But then again you saved money with Door clips by using velcro to so maybe your onto something... Or maybe I would just save that velcro for your shoes Esty.

Going to go stick my head in the sand now.

Going to go stick my head in the sand now.

yep...

outta your ass and back in the sand