Guest Anonymous

door lock (passenger)

4 posts / 754 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

i broke my key( off )in the pass door what do i do! it wont come out? i have the other have

You need to remove the door panel, then take off the door lock. One philips screw on outside, one 10 mm head bolt on inside. Take off the little arm on the lock with a flat blade screwdriver making sure you remember how the arm locates and how the return spring is attached. Then you straighten out a paper clip and use u it to push out the broken key from the hole where the screw came out. Clean, lube and re-assemble

Guest Anonymous

Thats great but i purchased the new handle in fear that there is some thing indeed wrong with the assembly for that key got stuck..........and i had to snap it off!........in turn i twisted it in frustration (not the best neiborhood)

of leaving the key.

so is there any thing special that i will run into when putting on the new handle.with the NEW key that comes with it? Thanks DES

Before putting the new one on, clean and lube the latch mechanism in the door. There is a channel that the little arm on the handle sits in. Put some Never Seize on the arm so it will slide on, rather than catch on the channel when locking and unlocking.