• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harv, Stick it in my ear?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

John, I gave you a very nice 3 piece dash for free (originally offered on the board for $300). I even paid for the shipping. It cost you zero. All that because I felt bad that I was too busy to mail it promptly. So you know it is not a money issue for me.

It is not about making a profit. I'm all for that. It is all about truth. Most people here must not get it.

It is all about Coop repeating, over and over, "I made no money on the deal" when he really received $6,000 in free product. I'm glad a full disclosure was made.

You are obviously a mathematician... the value of 3 hood/trunk sets (at $1500 each set) for raw carbon fiber in the original deal was $4500... and why should there be no gain for all the leg work he did? What part of this do you not understand?

It was kind of you to give John a dash for nothing, infact at your cost. This could have very easily been sold for a profit and if you decided that that John's project was a worth receiver of your dash that is very honorable.

For those of us who have not been around since the dawn of 02 online time, care to explain where this disagreement started?

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Yeah, when I tell boyfriend to "stick it in my ear" I'm referring to something else. I'm confused to what this is about as well unless more and more people are wanting to add to the personal attacks section and you and Harv are a little kinky :P.

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Andrew,

Here I sit, embarassed about what I said. I'm sorry.

I have been telling many of the faq people about our dash transaction and how much I thought of you for doing what you did and I thank you very much. The fact that I didn't realise it was you who I was telling to ....... shouldn't make a difference. I am sorry. I guess I shouldn't have said anything. I was one of the people that partisipated on COOP'S first CF group buy and they are indede pieces that you can't buy elswhere. He did a lot of work for the o2 commuity and I guess himself too. I think if you call Hamaman (sp?) and ask for them they may quote you a price, but in the end I think it all goes through COOP. Also, if you call them and talk to anyone but Sr. their word is worthless in my opinion since Sr. is the one who handles the real pricing and in the end I think anyone that calls them would eventually be handed over the COOP.Now, I hear what your saying that COOP did get some pannels for free and maybe that doesn't jive with his clame that he didn't receive any money for his work. However he did do a lot of work to make them available.

Andrew, I'm sorry and have learnd a valuable lesson.

Hopefully, your friend

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Guest Anonymous

Andrew's point is very clear and simple yet I see several people flaming him when he is only calling for truth in advertising and honesty. This being election time allows the comparison to a politician who enacts policy claiming it is totally for the people yet profits off of his legislation. Coop stated that he received no profit yet in fact he did receive several hood/trunklid sets which he eventually offered for sale (I don't imagine he gave them away). Yes, he did do the legwork which takes time. Now listen closely here kids! Why state that you are not getting any monetary reward when indeed you did? To be idolized or championed by the 02 community? Hurray! You got hoods and trunklids for us!

In his initial legislation he stated that he was getting a group buy together for the hoods and trunklids and he needed a specific number for it to fly. It sounded as if he was also putting up his own money to buy a set as well. It turns out that he did the legwork to use the purchasers to get several hood/trunklid sets for himself. NOW, if he had stated honestly beforehand what his legislation REALLY was how many people would have still done so? An interesting question but obviously COOP did not want to chance it so he gave his non profit pitch and it worked. Andrew was simply asking for people to be upfront and for this he gets flamed? Sorry this is wrong folks.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

Andrew has gone out of his way to help my with parts and even ended up giving them to me. He's not a man of profit and also isn't one to talk shit. I see it many times on this forum (as well as others) that when someone's "buddy" gets attacked everyone jumps in to throw their blows.

I think it's great what COOP is doing for the community, BUT it's great what Andrew is doing as well.

Guest Anonymous

Sherman, I always thought that you and I had a good rapport and mutual respect if not a friendship. I'm sorry to see you of all people assaulting my character. You take what has always been a genuine effort to do a good deed on my part and you turn it into dishonesty and some kind of a misleading plot to fool the community. That's pretty harsh, and you're dead wrong. I don't appreciate this and I'm frankly disappointed in you.

1. I guess that I think of money when I think of compensation. From the beginning, I looked at the free panels as a "perk" for all the work, not as payment. I guess you and a few others see that differently and that's fine. In fact, I will take it a step further and apologize to anyone who feels this was a misprepresentation. Just so you know, what happened is that several people made posts talking about me making money (i.e. CASH PAYMENT) from the buy. When I denied this (accurately), the discussion was then taken to the "free panels as compensation" level. The point remains, that I didn't ever deny that I was getting free parts, only that I was getting paid money. Individuals such as yourself have chosen to conclude that my denial of monetary compensation means that I lied. I don't see it that way and I'm very thankful that the MAJORITY of others on this board don't see it that way.

2. You are incorrect about me obtaining my free panels with the original intention of profiting monetarily so please get your facts straight. My original intention was to store them in case of an accident or if I ever added another '02 to my garage. I only sold one pair to my friend Michael Dubois after he expressed regret about missing the first buy (gee, Sherman and Andrew, I'm so sorry that I didn't give them to him. Perhaps I should have taken the money and donated it to the FAQ Board so that people like you would stand up and applaud my character). A second set is stored in my garage...Oh, and I guess you didn't care to read my earlier post, but whatever you might "imagine," I did give a complete set away to a friend for his birthday.

3. Andrew has been flamed because he has consistently presented himself as a mean-spirited little piss-ant with an agenda, not because he has "called for the truth" as some great champion of virtue. And in fact, he does have a personal agenda. Awhile back, he launched a whiny accusation (false) that I had sabotaged his efforts to purchase panels from Hanemann and that's when he turned up the heat on his snivelling posts, masquerading as a man of the people (god, what a joke). What really happened is that he spoke with an employee at the manufacturer who didn't have any authorization to offer him anything (price or product). When he eventually (during a later call) got to the one and only person at Hanemann (Harold Hanemann Sr.) who is a decision maker, he was told that the previous information he had received was incorrect. Andrew then (incorrectly) made the conclusion that I had sabotaged his deal and went on a mission to flame me. Sherman, I'm giving you this history because you really need to see the big picture here to provide you with the information you need to say things that are accurate.

4. I will repeat that I didn't receive "monetary reward" so please stop saying that. Look at the latin root of the word "monetary" and you will see that it means money. Hanemann didn't pay me a dime.

5. Show me where I "made it sound" like I was putting up my money as well for a set of panels. Jesus Christ Sherman! Where is this coming from?! If that was your individual interpretation, fine, but don't malign my character by making it sound like I misrepresented anything. That is just bullshit.

6. As far as me "using the purchasers" to get free panels for myself, and about me "making a non-profit pitch" and about me "not wanting to chance (losing my free panels deal) it," now you have really crossed the line by attacking my integrity in a totally unjustified way. Listen to me clearly, because right now It's probably a good thing that you're not standing in front of me: I don't need any more fucking Carbon Fiber panels and I don't need money enough to initiate a complex and time-consuming project so I can then turn around and sell CF panels for a profit. I didn't have any sinister personal motivation or desire to do another fucking Carbon Fiber project because it represent a huge amount of work. The ONLY reason that I did agree to do another project was because over a dozen people (who missed the first project) have asked me to in the two years that have past since the last one. Yes, Sherman, believe it or not (sorry if someone in your childhood gave you trust issues), I'm actually a decent person and I actually decided to do another group buy as a service to the '02 community, NOT for monetary or material gain. Boy, you really missed the mark on this one.

Thank you for ruining my morning. I'll sure look at you differently at the next swap and show.

COOP

Coop,

I don't post here that often, and I consider myself one of the silent majority of 02 owners who enjoy their cars, but don't need to answer to every thread listed or scribble on the message board every time they find an oil drip or a loose bolt in the driveway.

That being said, and all kidding aside, your long, lengthy ongoing numbered posts justifying your interpretation of "helping the 02 community" and threats towards whomever challenges your position only further discredit your position.

IMHO, if you were sincere, you wouldn't have to create a whole soapbox speech here everytime somebody wants to make their point about what you call free.

If you would have just come out and said "how many more people want CF hoods again", took orders and took whatever you wanted out of the deal, would these posts and inquiries continue?

Your posts would lead the novices here to think everybody here knows you and your car anyway, so why the whole SELL JOB and WHY YOU'RE DOING IT???

Knowledge is power, I think you gave all your power away with your litany of half page posts and your whole marketing plan.

Face it, so you got BUSTED... and now your coverup starts to put you in the same class as Clinton's interpretation of what Sex with Monica Lewinsky is...

Andrew- I have to speak up for Harv.Although I've only known him for a little over a year,I've had him at my house several times(he lives an hour away)and I've been to his home.He is one of the most genuine,helpful,and honest folks I've met in my nearly 55 years.I value his friendship highly and I'm certain that he feels terrible for offending you.