AndyS

Down to 2 73 02s

22 posts / 1585 viewsLast Reply

Down to the 73 M2 and 73 blue 4speed automatic. Hard to believe but I have sold over 100k worth of 2002/1600s in the last year. Lol, lost money on every single one! I hope all the new owners are happy with them and drive the bejeez out of them for many years!

post-502-13667570392011_thumb.jpg

post-502-13667570392792_thumb.jpg

I did sell it , Harry. Thanks , Armond. that is the wifes daily driver. 4 spd automatic with electric speedo , A/C 6 disc CD. I want one like it one of these days, except for the automatic, hehe.

I did sell it , Harry. Thanks , Armond. that is the wifes daily driver. 4 spd automatic with electric speedo , A/C 6 disc CD. I want one like it one of these days, except for the automatic, hehe.

Electric speedo? How did you manage that? Did you use another speedo from an e30 or something or modify the original 2002 unit to work electrically?

VDO. BMW pick up mounted infront of the the rear end. Piant can top traced on to a piece of stainlees steel. cut outs for the pick up to bounce. It mounts between the stub axle and shaft. I showed it to Skip on Sunday. I can take a picture this weekend if someone wants to see it.

It is actually blue. BMW color from a later time. They are 13 inch minilites with polished rims and the spokes painted the body color. I ordered them from miniliteusa.com and then the body shop painted the spokes to match.

The proper electric speedo, sounds to me like another LaValle's Import Restorations inovations!!! Basicly you take a VDO speedometer (it is custom adjustable, easly read at nite and is VERY accurate), add in some wireing, and the e30 speedo censor. The hardest part of the whole conversion is actualy how to make the sensor pickup. We custom make a disk that is bolted between the diff and the rear axle.

Sam

merlin_m3_racing (a) yahoo.com

LaValle's Import Restorations

Lol, yeah Lavalle's and Andy's check book, hehe. It's cool to becasue if you change wheel size you just recalibrate it.

Andy: Did you sell your cabriolet? Did you get your price? How would you assess the market for this model? I am planning on holding on to mine for awhile, but would be interested in getting your opinion on if the market is going up or down on this model.

Thanks,

Mark92131

I got less than I wanted. I think you will get more in a couple of years. I got what you thought you would get for yours last year when we were talking about it.

Andy

I hate it, it was always fun looking at your stuff!!!!!

Wish you were still back here in NC, I am having my Covered Bridge run this weekend! Eileen is going to drive the touring and I the ol trusty steed.

Best to everyone out there

post-484-13667570410662_thumb.jpg