Sign in to follow this  
skipsfcr

Another giant photo...

8 posts / 1047 viewsLast Reply

looks like about 23:1... :)

do you have to dig into the head dome any to get those to fit??

They're supposed to be approx. 13.5:1 The head fits but I'm not sure about room for expansion and valve interference. I've gotta get the head and timing components on and test clearance with a little modeling clay in the chamber. The "race gas only" thing is going to be a pain in the ass.

youre going to tire of that quickly, i mean the race gas only.

i did that on a gm v8 i built and it didnt take long. that was back in the day was gas was a hell of a lot cheaper too

Yeah, I don't actually anticipate being able to leave this engine in the car for a very long time. I've actually gathered all the parts to assemble a little less radical engine based on the original engine when I pull it out of the car. I think this is my way of forcing myself to build a track car...I'll have the engine sitting around, then I'll have to build a car to put it in. Then I'll blow it up and have to build a better one. It never ends. You know the saga.

Guest Anonymous

that is fan-freakin tastic , Chris!