m-racer

Searching for my old 02 in Atlanta

7 posts / 798 viewsLast Reply

I sold a Blk 71 in 1998 in Virginia Beach to a young Naval officer. He moved to Raleigh and sold the car there. The person who bought it took it to Atlanta and it was in the Peachtree BMWCCA classifieds a couple of years ago and was sold in Atlanta. It was a concours car when I sold it but had been driven hard and not well cared for when it showed up in Atl. When I sold it: Black exterior, small M pin stripes, Scheel-Mann seats, MM 4spd, 3.90 lsd, ac, 15" Panasports (may have been replaced with TSW's), Nardi wood wheel, Hella driving lights, Korman stg2, close ratio steering box. If anyone knows the new owner/location of the car, I would appreciate it. Thanks. Tim [email protected]

Bill, It's a euro ti. probably the 02 I should have never sold. The guy I sold it to hounded me to sell him the car, it wasn't being driven and I gave in. He promised to sell it back to me if he ever decided to part with it. You know how that goes, no good deed goes unpunished. I talked to the guy who had it for sale in Atlanta and was appalled with the decription he gave me. I probably should have bought it then, but had too many cars in the barn. Sure would love to find it now. My guess is that it's been parted out. Best, Tim

I'll look into my contacts at the shops here to see if they've seen a car matching that description, but no guarantees you know?

Was it *actually* in Atlanta, or one of the suburbs? A lot of people say "Atlanta" but they mena Marietta or Smyrna or Fayetteville, because nobody knows where the heck those places are.

I have seen a White 2002 with panasports and a Korman stage 2 recently chopped to bits, but I dont know if Chamonix was the original color. Was yours originally black?

Why not contact the guy you sold it to and ask for the contact info for the guy he sold it to..then that guy can give you the contact info to the guy he sold it to..and so on, until you get to the present owner...worth a shot anyway....

Why not contact the guy you sold it to and ask for the contact info for the guy he sold it to..then that guy can give you the contact info to the guy he sold it to..and so on, until you get to the present owner...worth a shot anyway....
The guy I sold it to moved out of the area and I don't have any contact info for him. The guy that placed the P'tree ad was the father of the guy who bought it from him. That's why I asked if anyone knew the current owner. Shot in the dark, probably. Thanks.

I'll look into my contacts at the shops here to see if they've seen a car matching that description, but no guarantees you know?

Was it *actually* in Atlanta, or one of the suburbs? A lot of people say "Atlanta" but they mena Marietta or Smyrna or Fayetteville, because nobody knows where the heck those places are.

I have seen a White 2002 with panasports and a Korman stage 2 recently chopped to bits, but I dont know if Chamonix was the original color. Was yours originally black?

I used to live in Atlanta and the car was maintained by Buckhead Motor Works before I moved to Va. The guy who placed the P'tree CCA ad was selling it for his son and also had a silver tii as I recall, and lived in Buckhead. It was originally black and was that color when listed for sale some years ago.