Russkcpa

Fasten Seat Belt Light

5 posts / 1632 viewsLast Reply

On my 1973 Tii

Just the basic fasten seat belt light (much different than 1976 connection)

I don't have power to the bulb with the ignition on

Just curious where I could begin to look for the problem (fuses all OK)

Not sure why these 2 female connectors are here

Any thoughts

Thanks

Russ

post-1716-13667570311852_thumb.jpg

post-1716-13667570314323_thumb.jpg

the female connectors probably go to the other lights that would be up there if you had the more complex "idiot gauge" that said "Reactor Service" in it.

After going through my wiring harness, I realized that there are 4 plugs that tie into that dash light. One pair connects to each of the font seat belt buckles and tells the light to turn off once a circuit is made. The other 2 (i believe) go into the seats and tell the light to come on when there is weight detected in the seat.

If that second set is disconnected or grounded out, then you won't be getting any power to your bulb.

That light is just a decoration on top the dash board. You have to imagine it working in your head! If you remove all the under dash trim to expose the steering column/ignition switch area, there should be a small 1"x1" silver relay that is attached to wires coming out of the actual steering column near the ignition switch. This relay controls the seatbelt light and also the buzzer that is supposed to sound when that light is on..start there with your volt meter and trace the problem. There are also wires and switches beneath the driver seat that controls the seat belt interlock (when the car was new, if not buckled up, the car wouldn't start) and that could also be contributing to the seatbelt light failure.

Guest Anonymous

Dude... So you are the one who stole away an orange 320i from a seller in Anaheim from me a few months back. Another person on this forum even drove out to inspect the car for me on his own time and at his own expense. My only consolation is that you paid more than twice what I could have gotten the car for. You must have more money than brains and manners.

Dude... So you are the one who stole away an orange 320i from a seller in Anaheim from me a few months back. Another person on this forum even drove out to inspect the car for me on his own time and at his own expense. My only consolation is that you paid more than twice what I could have gotten the car for. You must have more money than brains and manners.

What kind of fucking comment is that

You had your chance to buy it -You must be a cheap little prick

FYI-I have tons more money than you and even had enough left over to buy a '73 Tii in Colorado

You want this one too?

You couldn't afford the down payment

post-1716-13667570343729_thumb.jpg