jimalameda

Who has changed their wood dash on the instrument cluster?

15 posts / 1446 viewsLast Reply

OK 02 Pilots.....

I'm thinking of acquiring an instrument cluster for my '71 2002 but it is from a later model and I want it too look retro vs. the newer look.

Any ideas and pics.

Thanks for the reply.

BTW anyone live in Berkeley CA, I was there on Saturday crusin my 02 around Telegraph listening to the Grateful Dead.

Cheers,

Jim Davis

you can mix and match. just remove the plastic wood looking thing and use your old round circle thingys. i pieced a new one together this way

the rings from the earlier clusters won't fit, without some modification, the newer, woodgrain types...for them to snap in,like in the old styles, you'll have to completely remove the woodgrain face panel attached to the cluster housing

i slightly modified mine to get them to work with the woodgrain plate

0000015.jpg

the rings from the earlier clusters won't fit, without some modification, the newer, woodgrain types...for them to snap in,like in the old styles, you'll have to completely remove the woodgrain face panel attached to the cluster housing

i slightly modified mine to get them to work with the woodgrain plate

0000015.jpg

Esty, is that a becker europa? I have an Europa II

IGP5097.sized.jpg

Esty, is that a becker europa? I have an Europa II

IGP5097.sized.jpg

no sir...mexico

I spray painted mine black but now I'm getting tired of it. However, it's way better looking than the awful baby poop faux wood grain one! I like what esty has done with her's. I'd like to make a new one out of real wood and stain it a nice dark, almost cherry wood color. Maybe this is another "summer" project for me in the next three months.