kangarooboy

Transmission Exhaust Hanger Question

4 posts / 1306 viewsLast Reply

Since my car was missing the transmission exhaust hanger I ordered all new parts. I went out to put it all on and, goodness, my header pipe is bigger than the U-bolt and the notch on the support bracket! I think some time with the grinder will fix the bracket and I'm sure I can find a U-bolt at the auto parts store, my question though, is:

How many of the little rubber bushing things are supposed to be with the kit? I have two. And how does it all go together with these little spacers? Of which I also have two.

Thanks.

You need two more of the bushings and don't need the bare spacers.

They changed the bushing design but the drawing and the "qty required" in the ETK was not updated to reflect that. The bare spacers are also essentially obsolete but still in the listings. The ones supplied nowadays are actually "half" bushings and have the metal spacers moulded in. The originals were a single grommet-shaped rubber bushing that was inserted first, then the metal spacer was inserted.

The new-style bushings go directly on either side of the bracket that attaches to the tranny.

regards,

Zenon

If you can afford it, get a extra set (4) of those rubber/metal bushings. They are notorious for failing as they love to bask in all the oil that comes off of the motor and the tranny.