Sign in to follow this  
dubois

Another great road trip near Hollister and pictures!

10 posts / 1264 viewsLast Reply

This time was Freemont Peak, about 10 mins from my house, it goes up to 3000 ft in a hurry. Nothing to do on a Sunday PM, the weather still in the 70's, an impromptu drive... I have decided that in order to get my 02 mojo back, I am committing 2 hours/ week "driving" my cars. I already announced it to the wife, that is my time. Today, there was no traffic all the way to the top. One of the few places in the Bay Area where you can stop in the middle of the road for pictures... without hurring!

The hill climbing excercise was just awesome! Bacchus was purring on second gear, tires were gripping and the sling shot effect of the limited slip at the precise moment during the turn, just makes for a fun drive.

If anybody would want to join in, please email me Friday, there are so many roads to be explored around these three counties, and the weather still cooperating! Cheers!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Yeah, I hear ya. I tried to go to the e30 M3 SIG meet in Woodside, but wound up "just" driving through the back country down there and back on Skyline Blvd. It was great to have some time on twisty roads behind the wheel......

I'd be there in a minute- if it didn't take 20 hours from japan.... I'll be getting out today- driving to the north side of the island to TOyama. About half of the drive is really nice. Scenery and good roads- little to no traffic.

I lived in the bay for 20 years, if you ever run out of ideas for roads to try I can give you a list of great ones.

One of my faves was up Mt Hamilton and over the top, just keep going till it ends and make a left, takes you damn near to Plesenton and has the best set of sweepers I've ever seen towards the end of the drive.

Wow, your first shot (full profile) is pretty gorgeous. Years ago (early 90s) I designed and art directed car books for Saturn (back when it really was a different kind of car, a different kind of company). We'd spend hours trying to get that graduated, soft-light effect you have happening there. Beautiful car. And beautifully shot.

Bacchus is looking good! And your prescription is spot on...

Take two hours (a week) and call in the morning :-)

Jason

that shot was pure luck. I knew it was the best picture of the set ONLY after I saw it in the computer, but I didn't know why or understood the effect light had on the subject - it just looked very pleasing! Equipment does help (Lumix with Leica lens)

Schnell,

So that was YOU in the touring!

We passed you coming the other way right at 280.

I was disappointed that there were NO Hennarot M3s at the SIG fest.

Still had to go (even without my M3), just to remind myself of what a complete M3 looks like. Had a nice picnic lunch with friends.