Otis

Octoberfest Tent 02 - The Place for Us Douche Bags

5 posts / 1071 viewsLast Reply

I'm not making the following "Stuff" up. I swear.

I received a free subscription to "Stuff" magazine -- you know, sort of a poor-man's rip-off version of Maxim. My October 2006 copy just arrived in the mail box. So, I'm leafing through, hmmm, cute babe, good article, another cute babe (Monica Hansen -- be still, my heart), another article . . . hey, page 120, "Octoberfest Survival Guide." Now, we're talking. Let's see here . . .

The article starts out pretty good -- "Ze Germans are an efficient bunch, and they've got their partying down to a science . . . (blah, blah, blah), so, round up eight to 10 friends and reserve some bench space at one of the 14 massive beer tents in Munich this September 16 - October 3."

Now, here's the good part. The article contains a map of the beer tents. And -- once again, I'm not making this up -- for Tent 02 -- not Tent 2, mind you, the tent specifically is numbered 02 -- the article says (and I quote) -- "Hofbrau-Festzelt - A favorite [tent] amoung Americans, Aussies and Kiwis, this might be the best place to spot cute backpackers and douche bags from back home."

Hey -- That's us!! You know, "Your [sic] all douche bags," and all that jazz. Well, right you are -- and Tent 02 in Munich is THE PLACE TO BE for us DOUCHE BAGS! Honest, I swear, I'm not making this up -- it's right there on page 120. At last, official confirmation -- At Octoberfest 2006 in the Old Country, Tent 02 is officially the place for Douche Bags, and we're all invited! (All we need, is a cute backpacker -- no, not a sqare pusher, a back packer!) Ergo, see you in Tent 02, Munich, be there, or be square(pusher).

Happy motoring; your fellow Official Tent 02 Douche Bag, Otis.

I am going to that tent....next weekend. I will take many pictures because I get to Germany in less than 48 hrs for 3 months+. My friend from wales is meeting there in Munich and it is going to be AMAZING!!!!

Tristan

When ya gotta shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

Huh? Or more accurately, since you posted the same diatribe twice: Huh; huh?

Tristan -- Sounds like great fun! I envy you; "Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice!" Thanks in advance for the pictures -- looking forward to viewing the grande affair.