esty

anybody here live in West Sacramento

7 posts / 1089 viewsLast Reply

i might need a huge favor.....i am trying to buy a set of e30 sprts seats and dude says he'll charge me $250.00 to ship them.....costs should be no more than $100.00 bucks...

if i buy them i'd gladly pay someone for their time and trouble to pick them up and package them for shipment....i'd arrange shipping and payment of same

Obtaining boxes and packing material and then packing the seats securely takes time and money. It's the same effort whether the seller or a friend does it.

I've heard that Greyhound 'terminal to terminal' is the most cost-effective way to ship seats. Check on their size limits and rates.

I ship seats and in order to do it correctly they need to be palatized and have a crate built around them. A cardboard box will not work. The price he quoted you for shipping is pretty good considering it will probably cost him $50 or so for the lumbar.

I live close to west sac and can help you out.

Will you really be saving money if you pay someone else to pick up, package and ship the seats for you? Even if you get the shipment around $100.00, materials will cost about $50.00. That only leaves you with only $100.00 to play with. In the end your only gona save mabey $50.00. Is it really worth the hassel?

thanks guys....i reckon i've been lucky & the shipping gods have been on my side...i've bought and sold no less than a dozen pairs of seats and always sent or recv'd them in cardboard boxes...

as a matter of fact recently i bought a pair of 633 seats from a board member that were partially packaged in coke 12pak containers....it made me smile

thanks though for the help

I ship seats and in order to do it correctly they need to be palatized and have a crate built around them. A cardboard box will not work. The price he quoted you for shipping is pretty good considering it will probably cost him $50 or so for the lumbar.

I live close to west sac and can help you out.

Will you really be saving money if you pay someone else to pick up, package and ship the seats for you? Even if you get the shipment around $100.00, materials will cost about $50.00. That only leaves you with only $100.00 to play with. In the end your only gona save mabey $50.00. Is it really worth the hassel?

what i'd recommend you take a look at the multitide of businesses that sell and ship seats on ebay....take a look at the avg cost for them to ship....maybe you can determin what you're doing that's costing you so much to ship a seat

and we both certainly know, they aren't losing money on shipping...the last set of sports seats i bought were ship'd from orange county, a set of heavy sports seats, shipping costs.....$130.00

Sure I can see $130 for a seat wrapped in coke bokes. There is not enough protection from damage if there was ever an incident in transit, the insurance claim will not be covered because the seats were not packaged properly. I ship seats on a palat with a wooden crate built around them in order to fully protect the seats from damage.

I will package the goods correctly in order to minimize these mistakes. It only takes one time for a seat to get ripped and the insurance claim to not get paid due to improper packaging to change your mind.

When was selling my Recaro's it would have been about $150+ for me to pack and ship them.

Greyhound may be your best option.