Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

FATE TIRES ANY GOOD 185 70 R13 ???

9 posts / 1721 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

not to sure about spelling fate ???? Tire guy says he cant get pirrelli 400's in that size..

not to sure about spelling fate ???? Tire guy says he cant get pirrelli 400's in that size..

I don't know nothin about tires... but IMO tires are just like paint jobs - you get what you pay for. (for the most part) a $30 tire may get you killed but it may not just like a $99 paint job looks like a $99 paint job.

No idea where P400's fall in the world of tires but hows about going through the tire rack link on the site here?

I bought about 3 months ago a set of 185/70/13 tires from a local tire company. They had some more choice, but the one I got supposedly was an all season performance tire from SEGURA..I don't know but they looked just like the Yokohama tires. The total was around $170.00.

Their website is http://www.fairmounttire.com/home.cfm

It's been my experience for quite a few years now that you can no longer get a decent performance tire in 13" sizes. Probably better off getting 14" wheels instead.

not too expensive (around $40 each from Tire Rack)...

I'm happy with mine, and my very picky sister in law is happy with the ones she put on her Mazda Protege on my recommendation (phew!)

mike

I have a set in a different size, and they are fine for daily driving.

Anyone shopping for tires will be well repaid for the time they spend browsing www.tirerack.com Great site with lots of objective, helpful info.

The T4s aren't too bad, given the choices. I have the 185/70-13s and they're better than I expected them to be in terms of sidewall flex. Super in rain. They complement a stock suspension nicely.