tinkidz

Part or not to part

18 posts / 1352 viewsLast Reply

That is the question. The bad. A 75 with a real rusty D/S subframe. The floor boards can be patched in about 10 spots from quarter size to 4" dia. Surface rust around trim in spots. The dash has several cracks. Windshield cracked. The good. The body is as straight as they come. No door dings. A/C car. Towers are very solid with no sign of rust at all. The car has a clean title and I have the sub for the replacement. This car was the product of a divorce with the PO. After the car had 14K sunk in it, it sat in his ex-wifes yard under a pine tree for 19 months. Hence the rust. I bought it for the goodies. I'm having a hard time with this one. Need some advice. Jeff aka THE BUTCHER. Let me add that I have all the parts to fix it, just not the time. Plus 2 more 02s for daily drivers.

That is the question. The bad. A 75 with a real rusty D/S subframe. The floor boards can be patched in about 10 spots from quarter size to 4" dia. Surface rust around trim in spots. The dash has several cracks. Windshield cracked. The good. The body is as straight as they come. No door dings. A/C car. Towers are very solid with no sign of rust at all. The car has a clean title and I have the sub for the replacement. This car was the product of a divorce with the PO. After the car had 14K sunk in it, it sat in his ex-wifes yard under a pine tree for 19 months. Hence the rust. I bought it for the goodies. I'm having a hard time with this one. Need some advice. Jeff aka THE BUTCHER.

KEEP IT... or sell it to me for $100

part it...

1st dibs on everything...

would it be easier if i came & got the whole thing?

you want those wheels?

when am i going to get my stuff!?! THAT is the question. i hate to bring this into the forum but shipping for my console and door checks have taken WAY too long. you have $130 + of my money and i'm about to get it back from paypal if i do not get the package. again all, i hate to bring this into the forum but they are parts for my 2002. i am beginning to feel Armond's pain.

when am i going to get my stuff!?! THAT is the question. i hate to bring this into the forum but shipping for my console and door checks have taken WAY too long. you have $130 + of my money and i'm about to get it back from paypal if i do not get the package. again all, i hate to bring this into the forum but they are parts for my 2002. i am beginning to feel Armond's pain.

dude...i'm in your corner...ok.....

but if you're gonna make a public complaint, state all the facts not just the shades of black that make it appear as though only one party is wrong

give all the details like what you order'd, when & how you paid, etc

there's 2 sides to every shell you know

and only cause you brought it up...when all the facts about armand's deal surfaced, public sentiment went to tin....most, including me felt armand was way out of line

he knows whats up. aution ended aug 30 for center console. said will ship following monday, the 4th. bought door checks on that monday and said will ship with the console the next day, the 5th. sent 2 email and 1 phone call with no reply until armond brought up his problem. that night i get an email saying it was sent. still waiting. he lives one state away. 2 days max shipping. been 3 weeks.

he knows whats up.
lol

sure he does...but posting it here, in the court of public opinion, you intended to make it everyone's business so spell it out

Yes BA. I'm very sorry about this again. I explained the first one came back because the address was written on the packing tape on the box and was partly rubbed off. My fault. Got it back, reboxed it and reshipped with USPS last week. I'm very sorry. I'll refund if you want at this point. I've run into so many issues like this using USPS. They tell me it'll take 2-3 days in most cases a few states away. I know this is a big problem. Going by what people tell me, ship the small stuff with USPS and the bigger with UPS. I'm not making anything on the shipping. I usally loose a few bucks. Some people put a flat rate on there stuff. Now I know why. I guess I need to buy a scale and set up a UPS account. This would be better for everybody. I know you want your stuff and I want you to get your stuff. Please know this. Sorry again. Like I said I'll refund.

Esty, Please leave me out of it. You think you know all the facts but you dont. I decided to leave it out of the board and deal with paypal and Jeff direct. Thanks.

"POP3Y3" brought you up first, Armond.

And, back on topic, that shell is *CRAP* You'll spend too much in patch panels... and I havent even looked at thr frame yet...

Take all the goodies, and stuff them in that OTHER white car you have. You know, the one with the GOOD body. Or stuff them into your tan car.

Have you bought another one yet? I havent been to your house in like 2 weeks, so there may be 6 new ones by now.

Gut it, dude.

"POP3Y3" brought you up first, Armond.

Whoever it is. Let's not beat on a dead horse here on the board.