racebmw

Racing in Portland OR this weekend

8 posts / 1514 viewsLast Reply

I am taking my GT3 spec 2002 to Portland for the ICSCC Conference races this weekend. This will be my and the car's first appearance in Portland. Looking forward to trying a new track.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

have fun. We're taking the family down for SOVREN races in seattle this weekend also. We raced at Portland on Labour Day weekend. It's a fun track, and has some nice high speed corners. In my car with stock 4 spd and 4.11 rear end, turns 4-7 (assuming the festival curves are being used) are all carried in 3rd gear. We had some great races amongst the BMWs, but there aren't nearly as many passing opportunities as in seattle or mission. Of all things, we got held up by a 1969 Dino 246 for 10+ laps. With nearly stock motors we ran 1:47's. You'll likely be in the mid to high 1:30's.

One of the best parts of PIR is the location - right off the I5, near hotels, restaurants and downtown. Good luck

Ron

Wish I could be out to the track. I am preping my car for the national runoffs @ Topeka. My best time with the chicane is a 1:28.4; without the chicane a 1:21.3. Good luck. If you need anything give me a call (503) 730-9673. G

Actually,

I'll be curious to see how your car

stacks up to Gordon's FP car-

based on his times, you

could be into the low 1:20's...

but then, Gordon is no slouch at all!

I'm still trying to break 1:34 (with chicane)

and that's in an EP car!

Do you have a 4.10 diff, Jeff? It's a good fit

for that track

in a car that can pull from 4K.

t

I run a 3.9 diff. I run to 8,000 RPM so I find the 3.9 works well at Spokane and Seattle. I have a 4.10 with me so I can change at the track if necessary.

I run a Quaife Rocketbox so all of my ratios are different from stock.

Thanks for the tips, see you Sunday Toby

Thanks for the phone # Gordon. I was hoping you would be there and could show me around. Good Luck at Nationals.

Jeff

Hey Bob

I need a in car camera, a radio system, more HP, less weight, so many things.

Will take some stills this weekend and post them next week.

Jeff