Sign in to follow this  
grmnclassic

Wheel offset question

6 posts / 1012 viewsLast Reply

I am looking at some wheels that are 14X7 +10 offset. They are 4x114 so I plan on having my hubs redrilled. Will the offset work?? the car is running very low but Iwill have -2 degree camber plates.

Thanks

Alonso

With that offset, they'll stick out and probably rub the fender edges.

It really sounds like you should find wheels that fit better and have the correct pattern.

am looking at some wheels that are 14X7 +10 offset. They are 4x114 so I plan on having my hubs redrilled = FORGET IT

Will the offset work = NO

I am looking at some wheels that are 14X7 +10 offset. They are 4x114 so I plan on having my hubs redrilled. Will the offset work?? the car is running very low but Iwill have -2 degree camber plates.

Thanks

Alonso

There's a difference between "hub-centric" and not I believe. I'm in over my head here because I don't know the facts but I believe someone posted a little while ago that BMW wheels are "NON Hub-Centric" meaning that they sit or seat on the lug nuts rather than on the center of the hub. Is this correct guys? So re-drilling is an option but probably not a smart one. If you re-drill it's important that the wheel seats solidly at the lug nuts and that it's centered that's all. Hub centric wheels seat and center around the hub, and the lug nuts just hold it on. Non hub-centric lug nuts do both is my understanding.

Just get yourself the right kind of wheels. Our bolt pattern fits Mini Coopers, Mazda Miatas, some VW's & probably more. Regardless of offset that's 1,000's of wheels to choose from - nevermind real BMW wheels that were designed properly. The money it will cost you to have your hubs sorted out will probably be more than finding the correct rim with the correct offset.

Assuming that you mean that the rim center is OUTSIDE the hub face,

that's gonna really stick the wheels out there.

Good for the 'wide track' look-

but in a 14" rim, you can't even get big cantilevers on there...

t

Thanks for the info guys! The advise just saved me a bunch of dough on wheels not to mention the cost of redrilling. I guess I willl wait until a set of dunlop ssr wheels shows up with the correct offset and bolt pattern. I have been looking for a while with no luck. I really like the retro look of these wheels.

Thanks!

Alonso

post-1040-13667568985241_thumb.jpg