Guest Anonymous

anyone know this car for sale in ebay?

10 posts / 1343 viewsLast Reply

does not violate the copyright of the overall calendar and the individual photographs? It's one thing for the owner of the ebay car to use his own photos for the ad, but quite another for the other pics to be used as I remember no discussion over commercial use of the calendar or the individual photo copyrights being open to commercial use.

did not give up the copyright to their image, nor did they allow any use beyond the calendar, such as commercial use in an advertisement which an ebay auction is. If Max used a pic of your car in an ad do you think they should ask permission and arrange compensation for its use? Were you asked permission and did you give the seller permission to use your photo? Did the publisher of the calendar give permission for commercial use and get permission from each of the copyright holders for such use?

Guest Anonymous

Who cares that he used the calendar page to show his car as a featured car....Get over youself....your car aint that purty anyway. Why don't you get a lawyer and take him to court if you were damaged so much. A image on the internet better be watermarked otherwise it's fair game for fair use...otherwise grab a tissue?

i tried to have it removed by ebay live help staff, they said i already got bids on it. sorry if that calendar offends some people who have their cars on that calendar, i don't have photo shop or any pic editing tools.