Sign in to follow this  
winstontj

AVA Restoration - Alex Vogul

11 posts / 1754 viewsLast Reply

Anyone know AVA Restoration? Alex Vogul is the guy who runs the shop. It's in NH just outside of Keene. Nice guy. He's got a nice little shop and web site: http://www.avarestoration.com/ he does GOOD work cheap. I went to college (for a semester) up near there so I stumbled on the shop one day. Just wondering if anyone's heard of him, his work, and has any thoughts or opinions....

EDIT: Sorry to put in a plug like this... No affiliation, never had any work done there but considering him or Sports Car Restoration - Matt McGinn (spell) for my newly acquired 2574356 - 71, Nevada, sunroofed, roundie...

Welcome! You are 330 digits away from my 71! I'm kind of a vin freak. At 02 fest I'm always looking at vins and seeing if any cars are near to my cars.....

I hear good things about AVA, though no personal experience with them. I've actually seen McGinns handy work at 02 Fest last year, an Alpinaesque flared 02 shell, and was in awe. Wish I could work metal like that!

69 1600 vin# 1567900

71 2002 vin# 2574026

I've not had Alex do any work for me as yet but he has an excellent reputation and is a good guy, from the times I've met him. For the record...the best way to get a guy to raise his prices is to tell him he works cheap. Let's say his work is a good value. I guess the good v alue is the benefit of being off the beaten path in NH.

If I can't get the 72 straightened out by this weekend, I'll be doing some business with him real soon!

Guest Anonymous

Alex is on of the best car guys i know. I buy almost all my parts through him and he has been incredibly helpful with my project a 74 2002 now a ti! thanks to him.

Stu

I bought a used quarter from him and a fender for my tii. He was even willing to meet me upstate to save on shipping. Ended up shipping anyway, and everything arrived exactly as described.

I've bought a few parts from him over the years. I'll chime

along with everone else, and recommend him w/out hesitation.

Jerry

I've not had Alex do any work for me as yet but he has an excellent reputation and is a good guy, from the times I've met him. For the record...the best way to get a guy to raise his prices is to tell him he works cheap. Let's say his work is a good value. I guess the good v alue is the benefit of being off the beaten path in NH.

If I can't get the 72 straightened out by this weekend, I'll be doing some business with him real soon!

Thanks Jack.... Alex I take it back! You're DAMN EXPENSIVE!!! But now it's a toss up between Matt McGinn (Spelling) and Alex.... I do have two cars... One each???

Alex is a good guy.

I got my AM radio and center console speaker panel from him a few years ago.

Yea, I live about 45 min. drive from that shop. It is also a really fun place just to visit because there are some really nice cars, especially for the northeast. I am building another motor right now and that is definately going to be the place I am going to bring stuff if I need help.

Tyrel

Thanks, everybody, for saying those nice things!! I'll never forget you!! I have a little tear....:-)

Alex Vogel