Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Performance Exhaust 76- 2002

12 posts / 1619 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

What is the general concensus on exhaust systems? I have a 76- 2002 w/ 100k miles. very nice car. I only drive in about 2-3 K miles per year. The stock exhaust is fine but I would like to upgrade it to a nicer sounding exhaust. When I used to have a 72- Tii (back in the 70's) I had a super sprint system on it. (Nice sound but not TOO loud, just really nice).

What are the best choices today in your collective opinions? Thanks for any input you can give me.

steve

Guest Anonymous

Best place to get Ansa's? thanks.. (My tii was Verona) Best car in the world. I searched for 3 years for a nice Tii but settled for a nice 76 Jade Green '02.

I have the Ireland stainless package (magnaflow) on my tii. With the ireland headers it sound pretty wicked. Sometimes I think its a bit much, but then again when you really romp on it man..

VROOOOM!

tii_exhaust.jpg

Guest Anonymous

red baron

has no center muff 2 1/2pipe

summit racing has a mini turbo 2 " THAT I USED

nice quite good flow

car has 300 norris cam header dual 40's

Best place to get Ansa's? thanks.. (My tii was Verona) Best car in the world. I searched for 3 years for a nice Tii but settled for a nice 76 Jade Green '02.

i have this Ansa for sale....

a1.jpg

you can see more pic's and info HERE

I have an ANSA as well, and I also find it too loud.

In my case I do not have a resonator installed upstream.... I am considering possible installation of a cherry bomb or some similar muffler upstream to tone down the exhaust note.

Long term I would prefer to have a large diameter stainless pipe....

Guest Anonymous

I've had stock, ANSA and SuperSprint, and a custom 2 (2&1/2?) inch exhaust with a stock Bravaria muffler and no resonator. I like the SuperSpring and custom-with-Bravaria systems best. Ansa is too loud for me

I want it to either purr or whisper.

I have a brav-auto header, ansa resonator, ansa muffler w/twin tip. My wife thinks it is too loud, but I love it. Remember that the muffler hanger will not fit on 74-76 models and they have to be cut and modified requiring welding and cutting the existing hanger on the muffler. My guy did it no problem but just a heads-up on that.

post-344-13667568938364_thumb.jpg

I have same car - after reading what you all put is sounds like the Super sprint muffler with the Ansa resonator could be a good set up. the price difference on the reonator is 50% less and the muffler would go on without new welding.

I have a brand new ansa as advertised for sale higher in the thread... I dont want it because I am going with a custom system for my s14...

Ill sell it for 80 shipped