Guest Anonymous

Stainless Trim Clips for sale

6 posts / 1187 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Hello fellow 02ers,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am producing stainless waist trim clips and selling them on ebay and on my website. I wanted a set in the worst way, but found the supply to be too sporadic so I decided to build them myself.

They are between the large size and small size used originally, and work everywhere on the car (long enough to act as the joiner where two chrome pieces come together, short enough to be used on bends and arcs where the smaller ones were used). They include rubber washers to seal them to the body and nyloc nuts to prevent them from rattling loose.

On a side not I've been a 2002 owner for 9 years and have a '74 that I drive roughly 10k-15k miles a year.

Here is the ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170030555990&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting

Greg

selling them on ebay

i didn't see your BUY IT NOW price...it looks like the usually shark feeding auction to me....where we must wait for you to sell a set then list another...we all have that opition thru rimspoke

where are the one's you're selling?....

Where the waist molding on the hood attaches, be careful of the locking nuts nicking the paint on the inner fender area.

The locking nuts are a bit bigger than what was originally used. Other than that, stainless fasterners are sweet.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Bill,

There should be enough clearance; they fit fine on my car and one other that I checked in a local junk yard. It is possible that it may be tighter or looser on other peoples cars. If that is the case I will mail non-nyloc nuts to the purchaser. Under those circumstances you may also have to trim the studs a bit as well.

Greg

Guest Anonymous

Hi esty,

I know you are the Ralph Nader of the 2002 world! My intention is not to make a killing by starting sharkey auctions. So far I have produced a set for my car and two other extras. One of which is currently for sale on ebay. My intention is to produce enough in my spare time to satisfy demand as much as possible, not to cause a feeding frenzy over a single offering at a time. I do want to cover my material costs, time etc. in a reasonable way.

I am trying to figure out what a fair price is based on what I can produce (time wise), what these clips cost me to produce etc. Expect a "buy it now" price after the first auction and an option to purchase directly from my web site in the next week or two. I also plan to build rocker and knee moulding clips in a similar fashion, along with any custom work anyone has in mind. I purchaed a number of metal working machines with the intention of building better than original parts for the myself and the community at large (in my spare time).

Greg

Hi esty,

I know you are the Ralph Nader of the 2002 world!

NOW I know where esty's Avatar came from.

I ~thought~ it looked familiar!